RasterPDF

Doug Ackerman

Anyone use the RasterPDF plug-in?

Issue: We use a separated PDF workflow, I am currently using the trial PDFRaster plug-in as a possible solution to providing ripped PDF proofs for customer approval. I am using the "Recombine preseparated jobs" setting in order to provide Composite PDF's for approval. The problem I am running into is custom colors, I get (PlateColor 'XXX' has no process equivalent when recombining). Does anyone know if it is possible to add custom colors with the CMYK equivalent to the Harlequin software??

Doug Ackerman
RR Donnelley

Online ripped proofs

Online ripped proofs

Doug,

We have two possible solutions to consider:
First is our I-Zoom plugin. You can use this as a plugin to your Harlequin Rip. It can export high resolution zoomable proofs that let your clients view jobs right in their browser with the very finest level of details, and your cost can be as low as just a few hundred dollars to buy the plugin. It can be configured to create either single page zoomable proofs or I-Zoom Page Collections where users can view documents with 1 to hundreds of pages..
Here are some examples:
This is a magazine with lots of pages

Users can also Embed zoomable proofs into their web site - here is an example of an embeded proof:

The second option is our TIFF Pager application which can make online zoomable proofs from the actual one bit TIFF files from any rip:
Here is an example of a zoomable 1 bit TIFF set

More details of TIFF Pager are here
TIFFPager The Everything Tool for all Flavors of TIFF files!

David Lewis

Doug, if I understand you correctly you want to take a raster separation (or a raster in a PDF) and merge it together so that the Pantone plate display correctly. I have tools that can do that. When would be a good time to talk and maybe get a sample set of plates from you?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back