RE:Print in book form?

• Yes - great idea!

Votes: 36 90.0%
  • No - not interested.

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

gordo

RE:print in book form?

I've been asked off-line if the RE:print cartoons are available collected up in book form. People are saying that they would like to buy copies for themselves as well as to give away to business associates and employees. So I'm considering doing this if there's enough interest. It'll likely be about 100/128 pages (one toon per page) 8.5" x 5.5" softcover, and if possible, personally autographed. Let me know through this poll if you'd be interested.

best, gordo

Last edited:
Gordo:

Can you do another poll without the autograph? (smile)

Sorry about those Bruins! (grin)

Yes, you can have it without the autograph. :)

It's a stretch but 60% of the Bruins are Canadian - so we kinda sorta won. And we were trying to show some solidarity by eating Boston Pizza. Never again :p

What a pathetic display of apathetic hockey playing on the part of the Canucks. }%-P

best, gordo

No fret Gordo - I thought before the series started that Vancouver would win.

Tim Thomas is a UVM alum. Universitas Viridis Montis, aka University of Vermont.

So, are we going to get to purchase this book or what??? Is it in the works Gordo?

Well, I hope to tell you that, yes it is in the works.

It will be all the cartoons so far published on PrintPlanet (plus maybe a few extra new things).

At the present moment I'm trying to figure out whether I should print a certain quantity and let people order straight from me and I handle the shipping or should I go through an on-demand printer who would handle printing and fulfillment. The pricing seems to be quite different depending on which direction it goes and that affects price.

If anyone would like to offer advice about how I should go about this, please contact me off-line at pritchardgordon @ gmail (dot) com

best, gordo

Yes, you can have it without the autograph. :)

It's a stretch but 60% of the Bruins are Canadian - so we kinda sorta won. And we were trying to show some solidarity by eating Boston Pizza. Never again :p

What a pathetic display of apathetic hockey playing on the part of the Canucks. }%-P

best, gordo

Here, I'm going to name drop. Brad Marchand and my son train together all summer. I came home one evening and they were playing xbox (NHL 11) and enjoying a few cold ones. It was pretty cool

Gordo, I'm thinking the best way for you to do these is on-demand with a spiral bind. I have that capability, but I'm an in-house print shop for a company and not sure I could do this for you. I'll check. The price, being all black, wouldn't be too bad I think - $.02 per impression and $.61 per spiral bind.

Have any idea on quantity and number of pages? I've done personal jobs for employees in the past so I don't see why I couldn't do one for myself. Of course, I'd on-demand that mine be free - with the autograph. :)

Hi Gordo, sorry to butt in, I have tried to PM but its not working,

I am putting together a small hints & tips booklet for a specific press and was wondering if there were any way possible that I could be allowed to include three of your excellent RE:print cartoons in it. This is not a main-stream booklet, it will be self-published and have a very limited market obviously. The ones I am interested in are "Shift-Change", "Getting Sign-Off" & "Colour Correction" as they fit perfectly with the subject of most of my booklet and are most humorous.

Obviously I will fully understand if you would prefer they were not used in this way and I would not think about using them without permission of course.

Many thanks for your time
Dave Kearley (Disappointed)

re:print as a booklet

re:print as a booklet

Sure I'd like it alot! But maybe for "all those" overseas in Europe an e-version pdf would be nice, sending a booklet to Europe would cost as much as the booklet itself I guess. We could print it here ourselves. I would use it for customers, or collegue-printers. Often I use them as an attachment in e-mail with customers or collegues, and it's always great fun. They're just great.
Good luck!

Vervante

We have my wife's book handled through them. Print on demand situation. I'd highly recommend them. Really great company to work with. They even set up the Amazon account for us. Recommended against Barnes and Noble. They take 40-45% of all sales. Amazon is something like 15%. (If you're going to go all out and get an ISBN number and sell it retail. Or you can set up a paypal account and have it notify Vervante when you sell one and they'll ship it directly to the person.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back