removing InDesign Plug-in from file

upekkha

I have InDesign plug-ins on my machine (Mac Leopard) that a customer does not have (windows XP) nor that I wish my customer to have as the plug-ins are expensive third-party plug-ins.
I have sent an InDesign file to my customer to use as a template for making changes on, but she cannot package the files to send back to me without the plug-ins on her machine.

What can I do to remove the reference to this plug-in from the file so that she can package it?

First try closing down the application. Then removing the plug in temporarily, and reopening and re saving the file while the plug in is not active.

If that does not do it, then with the plug in not active, export the file to inx format and open that and save the file again (different name or location if needed). That should do it.

Of course, this assumes that the special features of the plug in are not needed for this particular file.

Al

removing InDesign Plug-in from file

Great - didn't think of that
seems to work so far on the mac
i have instructed client to do the same

best wishes,
rich

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back