Retrofit?!?!?!?

JTennant

Has anyone had xerox service retrofit their docucolor 2xx?

A service tech called me and told me that they are going to retro fit my machine? Is this a nice way of saying that they are going to turn down my (fuser, drum, and etc) settings and thus lower the quality of prints?

If the quality of print decreases, how much will they decrease?

Please help for my peace of mind.

Hello! I do not know what retrofit you are mentioning… do you have any more details around what exactly they are changing?

I asked the Product Manager for the Xerox 700 and he said any kind of retrofit should not decrease the quality of your jobs. When any retrofits take place they are to fix/enhance the machine, so whatever they are changing should be a positive change, if any.

I'd ask the tech what exactly he is changing...

I agree, I have had a few "retrofits", essentially customers have similar problems, engineering finds a solution and you get new parts or firmware.

What would make you think they are going to do something to degrade your print quality? Wouldn't that be a little self defeating for Xerox, or any manufacture?

yeah, well I was worried because my first print job on this machine I had damaged the IBT Belt and 3 drums.( never buying sterling gloss text ever again)

He said that he was extending the Corotron and fuser life warning message, so I will basically run them into complete failure before the message comes on. I was worried about density issues, but I havent seen any drop in quality.

I was also worried because they did a retrofit after only having the machine up and running for 2-3 weeks. It is still brand new with only 44k clicks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back