Ricoh 9200 vs konica12000

slimbh

Hi guy,
We are about to change our press machine to new one. And we have to make choice between Ricoh 9200 and Konica 12000.

Do anyone have tried one of them? Can you provide us with feedback?
Thanks,

Hi guy,
We are about to change our press machine to new one. And we have to make choice between Ricoh 9200 and Konica 12000.

Do anyone have tried one of them? Can you provide us with feedback?
Thanks,
We bought the 12000 in December and are giving it back, it it extremely fast and the quality is great but it does not run Synthetic consistent and if something does go down there are some major backorders on parts. we had fuser issues from day 1 and they never resolved them in 4 months now it is dead. You just cannot afford to be down 3-4 weeks so it looks like the 9200 will be on our floor soon, in the meantime we are in Demo rooms trying to run our jobs.

My personal experience. We have the C14000 and a C6100. Not exactly yours but I am GLAD beyond measure we are not renewing our lease when it expires. The downtime is killer. I have 10 service calls this month so far. 15 last month and a similar number the month before that. I cannot recommend KM as of today. Same with other shops I have worked at in the past. The techs live there. I hope they get their act together some day.

We are still researching which company to go with. As of right now it's between Ricoh and Canon.

I heard that Ricoh will upgrade very soon 9200 to new one 9500.
Anyone know about this ?
There is major change to n machine built?

I heard that Ricoh will upgrade very soon 9200 to new one 9500.
Anyone know about this ?
There is major change to n machine built?
I was recently told nothing until at least Printing United this year. I just took delivery of the 9210 a few weeks back and love it.

We have the 6100 from KM for the last 4.5 years, about 4.5M clicks
In the beginning everything was fine, After 2M clicks I started to see service every week! something crazy.
The 12000 and the 14000 by KM are, as I can see, big failures, our representative doesn't want to bring those machines here, he knows they are failing.
I think after we finish with our KM contract we might go to Xerox or RIcho depends who gives the best deal.

We have the 6100 from KM for the last 4.5 years, about 4.5M clicks
In the beginning everything was fine, After 2M clicks I started to see service every week! something crazy.
The 12000 and the 14000 by KM are, as I can see, big failures, our representative doesn't want to bring those machines here, he knows they are failing.
I think after we finish with our KM contract we might go to Xerox or RIcho depends who gives the best deal.
We are facing the same issue. Constant down time and longer wait for a service call. Looking into Ricoh

We are facing the same issue. Constant down time and longer wait for a service call. Looking into Ricoh
The "Only" problem we have with ricoh is that the machine costs a lot more than KM and the clicks cost more so we need to adjust ourselfs with upgrade costs and prices for costumers.
In these days people dont like it and sometimes wont work with you.
This is why we are checking all options there are.

The "Only" problem we have with ricoh is that the machine costs a lot more than KM and the clicks cost more so we need to adjust ourselfs with upgrade costs and prices for costumers.
That seems incorrect. shoot me a DM, and we can discuss what price and clicks should be, but I'd say the Ricoh should be less..

This was my experience with Ricoh also. Canon and Xerox were very close in lease and click charges but Ricoh wasn’t close. The Ricoh 5310s would have added a bit more than $30,000 over a 60 month lease period. Maybe just an over confident sales rep or area thing but that’s a significant difference that allowed me to add a Duplo DC618 to either the Canon C810 or Xerox Versant 280 options. I know, not the same level as the 9200 but I was disappointed that Ricoh was so far off.

We have our Ricoh c9200 leased through Heidelberg, branded as a Versafire EP. Amazing machine. I can't say enough about it. I recently switched jobs and the place I went to bought their machine based on my recommendations at my old job. The registration is damn near perfect and it will auto calibrate front and back when it's not. There is basically zero downtime and service has been great since day one with Ricoh/Heidelberg. The thicker stock weights mean, essentially you can throw a piece of wood through the damn thing and still have it print. The only downside for me was envelopes. You have to open flaps on #9 and #10 size and that's a pain, but the larger 6" x 9" to 9" x 12" sizes run fine. I would highly recommend a c9200.

Does Ricoh happen to offer a kit for envelopes so you don't have to open the flaps?
You're limited by the minimum sheet size on one side. The smallest is 5.5 inches, so in order to meet the minimum size you have to open up the flap. Otherwise it just registers as a jam every time. If you're running a lot of envelopes it's better to buy a different machine that is more suited for it anyway. I know people like an all in one, but Ricoh isn't a great fit for small envelope sizes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back