Ricoh 9210 replacement

When we bought our 7210 in September 2021 a competing sales rep tried to use the age of the machine as a reason not to go with Ricoh, but here we are now and still no announced replacement for the 7200 or 9200 series. And I’m completely happy with the 7210 as is, I can’t imagine that new models will be more than an incremental update. I assume something will be announced this year, but I also assume timelines have been pushed back greatly due to the great panini.

They did make some changes to the 9210 since it came out so I think that is also why their is a longer time between new models.

When I spoke with my Heidelberg rep (we lease our c9200 as a Versafire EP through Heidelberg), he told me Ricoh's top priority in product development has been the new z75 B2 sheetfed inkjet machine. However, if you look at the way they've rolled out product releases in the past, the c8000 series b/w has always come first and then the small c5000 2nd followed by the c7000 / c9000 series next, so I would imagine we aren't far off from a new release of both the c7300 and c9300.

because i heard ricoh are taking orders on C7500...
Next up should be the c7300. c7500 would be two additional generations from now. Unless you're thinking of the z75, which is a B2 inkjet press. That is nearing the end of its development cycle and should be releasing soon for order.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back