Ricoh C900

Please feel free to send me a message about any questions that you may have about this machine.

1. What is f/b registration with the c900pro?
2. Can it atuo duplex 13x19" (maximum) size? Up to what weight?
3. Lamination of hugh-coveraged (dark) prints? Xerox has problems with it, how is this here when creasing?
4. From which trays can it print maximum weight + maximum sized material?
5. Click model / costs? (range, no need to input real numbers)

I like the machine, but there are very few info on market. Any real users who run it for a couple of months with any serious numbers?

Thank you

Mine was delivered today and it gets assembled tomorrow. I will update everyone after the weekend. All of my testing with the 900 went very well, but we will see once it is in actual production mode. We are running 13x19 100lb gloss cover which it will duplex, also Teslin and PVC, up to 15mil. I have done all my laminating tests and they went great too. Color is .05 and BW is .01 per click and does not depend on sheet size. At least my deal does not.

There are current customers that are running 250,000 a month on it with no problem. It has a max of 400,000 a month but the sweet spot is around 225,000 a month. The F/B reg is .05mm and it will duplex up to the maximum size 13X19.2 and the weight depends on the paper but will do it in the current testing up to 100lb. cover. It can print the maximum sheet into any of the trays exept for tray 1. The Laminating that we have done it passed them all as well. For clicks it is around .05 for color and less than .0099 depending on what specials are currently going on. There is no minimum and it is for any size sheet so run more up on the max!!

Last edited:
i have an direct question that xerox 5000, canon 6000, KM 6501 in three machines which one is best for good quality and better production

Last edited:
That is a very difficult, maybe impossible question to answer. I believe it is completely subjective. Sales of DC 5000's and KM C6500's have proven that the IQ is good enough for the output to be resold so I guess as long as the customer is buying off on the IQ then that should be the determining factor. I think too many print shop owners get too hung up on the IQ or DPI and forget that what really matters is their customers opinions. Here are just a few comments I've recieved from Print Shop owners over the years:

"We've been sending digital work out to be run on Xerox IGEN's for years now. The quality off the KM C6501 using our test files is better than the quality we've been getting on the IGEN's. The Solids areas are much better on the KM C6501"

"We've been using a Xerox 700 and even though it yields a slightly sharper, detailed IQ in some instances (photo's mostly) we purchased the KM C6501 and the IQ is more than sufficient to meet our customers requirements, we have fewer service calls, and our service costs our less."

The point I'm trying to make here is that it's completely subjective. There are many others who would probably strongly disagree that the KM C6501 has better IQ than an IGEN.

It will do 90 pages a minute color at the 13X19.2 and 300gsm single sided.

So lets get this right the C900 does 90 13x19.2 a minute, so in theory it will do 180 A4's a minute. There two ways this can go here, the machine slows down to do A4 or you are a blatant liar who will say any BS to drag some poor sap into your showroom.

Which one?

To both you Xerox and KM I welcome you to come to any showroom and take a look at the C900. I use the machine almost everyday.

Last edited:
The throughput specs on the C900 are:
C900:

Letter/8,5"x11"_LEF
Simplex:90ppm
Duplex:45ppm

Letter/8,5"x11"_SEF
Simplex:70ppm
Duplex:35ppm

Legal/8.5"x14"
Simplex:60ppm
Duplex:30ppm

11"x17"
Simplex:50ppm
Duplex:25ppm

12"x18 or Larger
Simplex:45ppm
Duplex:22.5ppm

I do know my specs. What kind of paper type are you using? Coated, uncoated? Thick1, Thick 2, Thick 3, Thin? All these have to answered to get the exact speed. For those that don't believe I am telling you to go down and check one out. I am not trying to sell anyone on here anything. Why do you buy a nice car? Because of its top speed or because if its reliability? Its easy of use? The Price? The added features? There is more to life than speeds and feeds. I have a question for the product manager. Where can I get paper tested and put on the approved paper list?

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back