Ricoh Pro 7110 Problems / Known Issues / Price

nemprint.dk

Ricoh Pro c7110 Problems / Known Issues / Price
After I finally got rid of our Ricoh Pro C7110sx I want so share my experience with that new machine.

First here are the price for Ricoh Pro C7110 sx, including RIP 2 large feeders, impose - compose, finisher: 627.571 DKR = 94.516 USD
Click price: 23 øre / print (same for A3 and banner print) = 0,03 USD / print

We used around 300 hours talking, mailng with Ricoh. And i dont know how many emails. But above 800.

Ricoh finally took the machine back (and kept a lot of the money we payed for the machine) Even though Ricoh nordic top boss said they would cancel the deal.
The main reason they took it back, was that it makes white dots on all uncoated papers. A expert came from holland for two days. And the conclussion was that the machine worked perfect. And did not have any problems - if I printed on coated papers. And all my uncoated paper was not approved for the machine. Not even the Ricoh paper I used !!!
He didnt have any explanation for why the problem got worse and worse over time, and over a printjob. Hers is a picture of print 1 and print 500 in the same job. The job is on 120g MAESTRO EXTRA.

1.jpg 2.jpg

First the good things.
1 - Registration is very good and constent.
2 - The test prints loked very nice, some of the best I have seen. (that lasted two weeks)

Then the downside.
1 - The machine make white dots on ALL uncoated papers. This was not a issue on our machine. Ricoh had same problems on their demo machine on another location. (The problem got worse and worse over time, to begin it was very hard to see. you need to print more than 500 prints to see it.)

2 - VERY poor quality (white dots) on textured paper (was ok the first month) Ricoh says its air pressure, humidity and so on.

3 - 350 paperjams in 520.000 prints. Thats around one jam / 1400 prints.
Here is a video of how to remove it. Its almost impossible to remove A3 paper without tearing the paper. And the purge tray catch 5% of jammed paper.

4 - High sound level if you have vacuum feeders.

5 - Clear and white toner just dosn´t look good in most cases. Ofcourse you can make a nice design with it. But you really need to think about it. Eg. Its almost impossible to see clear toner on white uncoated paper.

6 - The Fiery Rip have tons of issues. Here is the ones that vere not fixex 01/08-2015. I have put a % of how often the error came up.

- If you make a rushprint, the job you interrupt. Will have one side of one page missing if you print duplex. (50% of the time)

- Impose makes all kind of wierd errors if you use it in a workflow like hotfolder or the new jobflow. (25%)

- If you use clear toner, the first page of a duplex job will be turned 180 degree. Not the entire sheet, just one side og the first print. (90%)

- If you use "face up" in finishing, the first page of a duplex job will be turned 180 degree. Not the entire sheet, just one side og the first print. (75%)

- If you combine duplex and clear toner, the print will have VERY different colors under the clear toner. It looks like a 256 golor RGB. (50%)

- "Visual enhance Editor" only works if you use some of the RGB profiles in the papersettings. With the others, the colors look like they are inverted, if open the file in "Visual Enhance Editor" (100%)

- The printer slow down to around ½ speed, and keep printing at that speed until you restart everything. (This is a bug Fiery send to Japan, and they know the problem but dosnt see it that often. They apparantly have no idea whay cause this. More memory didnt fix the problem) (10%)

- If you impose files through jobflow, sometimes the bleed vill be removed on one side of a duplex job.

- Pages are sometimes deleted and replaced with other paged if oyu use jobflow. Eg. a 2 side buisness card will come out with page 2 on bode sides.

Finally here is my setup.

Ricoh Pro C7110sx
Decurl Unit
TCRU/ORU Type S3 (SetA)
TCRU/ORU Type S3 (Set B)
TCRU/ORU Type S3 (Set C)
Fiery E-43A
Delivery - 2 day training.
Finisher (bookletfinisher) SR5060
Impose, compose + pitstop
5th Station Replacement Kit Type S3
Scanner
4 vaccum trayBridge
Punch Unit
Multi Bypass Tray
Multi Bypass Banner sheet Tray
Es-2000 Calibration
Buffer unit.​

Last edited:
I can't believe it is this bad. I have one on order with the shipment being delayed. Hopefully they are fixing problems before having more in the field.

I can't believe it is this bad. I have one on order with the shipment being delayed. Hopefully they are fixing problems before having more in the field.

Be sure you have 2-3 month for testing. I only had 2 weeks. And I didn't see the errors the first two weeks. After that it went downhill.

Ricoh Pro 7110 Problems / Known Issues
After I finally got rid of our Ricoh Pro C7110sx I want so share my experience with that new machine.

We used around 300 hours talking, mailng with Ricoh. And i dont know how many emails. But above 800.

Ricoh finally took the machine back (and kept a lot of the money we payed for the machine) Even though Ricoh nordic top boss said they would cancel the deal.
The main reason they took it back, was that it makes white dots on all uncoated papers. A expert came from holland for two days. And the conclussion was that the machine worked perfect. And did not have any problems - if I printed on coated papers. And all my uncoated paper was not approved for the machine. Not even the Ricoh paper I used !!!
He didnt have any explanation for why the problem got worse and worse over time, and over a printjob. Hers is a picture of print 1 and print 500 in the same job. The job is on 120g MAESTRO EXTRA.

First the good things.
1 - Registration is very good and constent.
2 - The test prints loked very nice, some of the best I have seen. (that lasted two weeks)

Then the downside.
1 - The machine make white dots on ALL uncoated papers. This was not a issue on our machine. Ricoh had same problems on their demo machine on another location. (The problem got worse and worse over time, to begin it was very hard to see. you need to print more than 500 prints to see it.)

2 - VERY poor quality (white dots) on textured paper (was ok the first month) Ricoh says its air pressure, humidity and so on.

3 - 350 paperjams in 520.000 prints. Thats around one jam / 1400 prints.
Here is a video of how to remove it. Its almost impossible to remove A3 paper without tearing the paper. And the purge tray catch 5% of jammed paper.

4 - High sound level if you have vacuum feeders.

5 - Clear and white toner just dosn´t look good in most cases. Ofcourse you can make a nice design with it. But you really need to think about it. Eg. Its almost impossible to see clear toner on white uncoated paper.

6 - The Fiery Rip have tons of issues. Here is the ones that vere not fixex 01/08-2015. I have put a % of how often the error came up.

- If you make a rushprint, the job you interrupt. Will have one side of one page missing if you print duplex. (50% of the time)

- Impose makes all kind of wierd errors if you use it in a workflow like hotfolder or the new jobflow. (25%)

- If you use clear toner, the first page of a duplex job will be turned 180 degree. Not the entire sheet, just one side og the first print. (90%)

- If you use "face up" in finishing, the first page of a duplex job will be turned 180 degree. Not the entire sheet, just one side og the first print. (75%)

- If you combine duplex and clear toner, the print will have VERY different colors under the clear toner. It looks like a 256 golor RGB. (50%)

- "Visual enhance Editor" only works if you use some of the RGB profiles in the papersettings. With the others, the colors look like they are inverted, if open the file in "Visual Enhance Editor" (100%)

- The printer slow down to around ½ speed, and keep printing at that speed until you restart everything. (This is a bug Fiery send to Japan, and they know the problem but dosnt see it that often. They apparantly have no idea whay cause this. More memory didnt fix the problem) (10%)

- If you impose files through jobflow, sometimes the bleed vill be removed on one side of a duplex job.

- Pages are sometimes deleted and replaced with other paged if oyu use jobflow. Eg. a 2 side buisness card will come out with page 2 on bode sides.

Finally here is my setup and service price for Ricoh 7110, prices are calculated from DKR:

Ricoh Pro C7110sx 84048 EUR
A3 print : 0,0308 EUR.
Decurl Unit
TCRU/ORU Type S3 (SetA)
TCRU/ORU Type S3 (Set B)
TCRU/ORU Type S3 (Set C)
Fiery E-43A
Delivery - 2 day training.
Finisher (bookletfinisher) SR5060
Impose, compose + pitstop
5th Station Replacement Kit Type S3
Scanner
4 vaccum trayBridge
Punch Unit
Multi Bypass Tray
Multi Bypass Banner sheet Tray
Es-2000 Calibration
Buffer unit.​

That sounds awfull - glad I didnt buy this machine

Here is the prices that were deleted. I took a screen dump.
Ricoh Pro C7110sx price = 84.048 EUR
A3 / A4 / Banner Color print = 0,0092 EUR.
A3 / A4 / Banner B/W print = 0,0308 EUR
Clear / white print = 0,005 EUR
Clear / White toner = 252 EUR
Fee every 3 month: 160 EUR
No min. print commitment

We had issues with our Pro EX 651 color machine the first week we had it. It has a halo effect which is what Ricoh calls it. We tried to send it back but the hid behind the statement that it prints within specs. The Halo effect is where there is a thin white outline around the type when it is printed over a screen. We even put it on our old Xerox 240 machine to show them the difference and they just didn't care. We are stuck with it and it only gets worse. Now I am told that Ricoh is not replacing parts the under normal wear and tear are not covered. The extension on the finisher which has 2 small plastic fingers broke and Ricoh wants to charge us for something that should last at least the life of the Lease. Ricoh does not stand behind what they sell. This is from someone who has been a loyal customer for over 12 years. I will never deal with them again. We had the salesman send us an email saying that a booklet maker which was from our B/W machine was covered under the new service contract, yet when I went to get service they told me it was not covered. I sent them the email and they refused to do anything about it. Try Larry Hint, he is a lawyer who goes after the copier industry. I only wish I know this a few years ago. Good luck.

Canceled the order. Broken promises on delivery, poor support and communication with the local Ricoh office, no time allowed to run it to make sure it is all within spec. When it is delivered it is yours! Issues posted in this forum were priceless. Buyers, be ware.

So I have 500,000 impressions on our machine and love it! Our techs are awesome and keep us running! The substrates it will handle are incredible.
Can't say enough about how much we love this machine.

So what's the deal with Ricoh? We have an Indigo 5000 that we have been using for 5 years and it's been great. Ricoh has been coming around saying they can beat the click charge on an Indigo which is really hard to believe especially when we use spot colors and the more you print the less you pay for clicks.

Does Ricoh charge for parts and more for toner? I just don't believe the salesmen at all.

If you go from an Indigo to a Ricoh you're gonna have a bad time. How often do you currently see your tech currently, now expect a tech once a week.

I'm having a demo on the Ricoh Pro 7100SX in two weeks... Good i've read this! Laughed my ass of watching the paper jam video :) 4 minutes removing a paper jam!!
Just had a demo on a KM C1060 today, was a great machine. Last week had a demo on a Sharp MX-6500N, next week it's a Canon C700. It's my first production printer i want to lease. Used to have office machines...

I'm having a demo on the Ricoh Pro 7100SX in two weeks... Good i've read this! Laughed my ass of watching the paper jam video :) 4 minutes removing a paper jam!!
Just had a demo on a KM C1060 today, was a great machine. Last week had a demo on a Sharp MX-6500N, next week it's a Canon C700. It's my first production printer i want to lease. Used to have office machines...

Thanks for the comment on the video.. We did that around 300 times :(
Remember to get a demo of the xerox versant 2100 while you are at it.
Im sure the KM 1060 i a very goos machine also though.
If you want to look more into the Ricoh 7110, I have all the files that will give errors. So you can test them, and see if they work. Because i´m 99% sure that Ricoh will say that the problems is either fixed, or never existed.
I can tell you prices for Ricoh, and click charges as well if you need them.

Thanks for the comment on the video.. We did that around 300 times :(
Remember to get a demo of the xerox versant 2100 while you are at it.
Im sure the KM 1060 i a very goos machine also though.
If you want to look more into the Ricoh 7110, I have all the files that will give errors. So you can test them, and see if they work. Because i´m 99% sure that Ricoh will say that the problems is either fixed, or never existed.
I can tell you prices for Ricoh, and click charges as well if you need them.

Ricoh has a plus on creativity with the 5th toner option and the banner option, but you need to use it. I'm not sure if we're going to use it that much, because print costs are going to rise also then. But again, you can create great effects with it. I know they have a great decrease of performance if you're using a lot of mixed media jobs or job streaming prints.
The Xerox Versant 2100 is way above our budget :) Versant 80 maybe, but I decided not to go for Xerox.

Sure I'm interested to see your quote. You can PM me or by email. Thanks.

I switched from the Ricoh 7110x to the Xerox Versant 2100 and that was over the Konica-Minolta 1085. Should be powering up soon.

A3 / A4 / Banner B/W print = 0,0092 EUR.
A3 / A4 / Banner Color print = 0,0308 EUR

Hello nemprint.dk,

my offer received from ricoh (local dealer) was 0.028 euro/ A4 but for A3 the price is double, namely A4x2

Can you confirm is the same price for A3 and for A4.?

I had a Ricoh C901 with a lot of problems, I ended up hiring a Lawyer and got it out of my shop. Forget about the click rate. Focus on total cost of ownership and the up time. I love Xerox. I can always workout a deal with them no matter how bad things get. They replaced two of my machine in 9 years. I put in a request for replacement, they asked me for a second chance, I said OK. An engineer came in and tested the machine for two days, then he said replace it. Within few day another machine came in, not new but close enough to new. I love that. I have 4 Xerox Presses and I will be buying more shortly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back