RIP induced skew

GusG

I've been fighting with skew for some time on my DC2060, changing 2nd BTR and doing endless tray aligns with varying success. Today I did a preview of a job on the RIP (Fiery EX2000d) and realised that the exact skew the printer is giving me is already in the ripped job.
I'd be most grateful for any suggestions on how to make the RIP to not skew the files sent to it.

If I were having this problem, and noticed what you noticed, I would have the RIP reinstalled. This has a high chance to resolve your issue, and if the skew is an impediment to dialy business, I wouldn't hesitate to take the most direct path to the most certain fix.

Perhaps you'll let us know what course of action you take along with the result.

I got a similar thing to that once on a 260 with bustled rip. Processed a job with about 40 pages and it just skewed more and more, and moved until the image fell off the page!

Found a patch on Xerox website that fixed it.

I've been fighting with skew for some time on my DC2060, changing 2nd BTR and doing endless tray aligns with varying success. Today I did a preview of a job on the RIP (Fiery EX2000d) and realised that the exact skew the printer is giving me is already in the ripped job.
I'd be most grateful for any suggestions on how to make the RIP to not skew the files sent to it.

Make sure tray alignment is unticked.

Thanks guys. Ubertech, I did try to RIP the same job with and without the tray alignment on and the results were close in the preview. I'll go look for a patch otherwise I guess re-installing is the way to go, though I'd rather hoped to avoid that.
Will post method and results

untick the tray align and dont use it unless you really need it. Get your tech to align all of your paper supplies, get the engine registration set correctly and you can ignore the rip.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back