RIP problem with DAX font

Hessel

When i make an direct export to pdf from Indesign which includes the DAX Bold font, the text is unreadable. All the characters are mixed up. When i make an EPS and make a pdf through distiller the text is ok.
Does anybody know how to fix this?

When i make an direct export to pdf from Indesign which includes the DAX Bold font, the text is unreadable. All the characters are mixed up.

Unreadable in Acrobat or on your RIP? What version of Acrobat or RIP?

Can you post a sample PDF that demonstrates the problem?

See the thread on CS4 problem. The PDF you are placing has text encoded in a way that CS4 cannot handle on export, unless you go via postscript or PDFx-4.
Sorry you had just typed the text in DAX? Could it be a font encoded in some way, well try the PDFx4 and se if it works ok, would be another reason to catalyse the move to PDFx4 for all jobs.

Last edited:
See the thread on CS4 problem. The PDF you are placing has text encoded in a way that CS4 cannot handle on export, unless you go via postscript or PDFx-4.
Sorry you had just typed the text in DAX? Could it be a font encoded in some way, well try the PDFx4 and se if it works ok, would be another reason to catalyse the move to PDFx4 for all jobs.

There is a known problem in InDesign 6 for which a fix is currently being tested. Expect the fix in an InDesign patch release in a few months. Yes, PDF/X-4 direct export is a known workaround.

- Dov

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back