Roller stripes on edge of sheet leading into print

tkmiller4

I am just puzzled about this problem everything I try - to setting of rollers - to changing fountain solution. The problem is with a Heidelberg Speedmaster 52. I have attached a picture to this issue.

Attachments

• paper stack[1].jpg
    paper stack[1].jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 221
Ink stripes

Ink stripes

Gear marks? Could you please explain more on this ? WHAT REALLY THROWS ME IS EVERY UNIT IT DOES IT.

It looks like Toning from roller end play. EVERY machine I have run has toned from end play.

Start by letting the machine idle(not printing) at full speed. Look in the unit side frames with flash light. If the rollers are moving back and fourth they need to be shimmed. Some machines you can move the roller holder in. The sorz press I was on we shimmed.

i think you did grinding to the damping form roller ,and the grinding was off-center so there is vibrating in the damping roller duo to the eccentricity ,this will lead to to the toning in the end of paper and also if you look good you will find the toning is a continuous line along the sheet

I shimmed up the rollers when they first went in the press but there is still just a little play. I heard of this before but that every unit was doing it throws me a curve ball. I have to say thow I did put rollers in this about a year and that it has been getting worse since then. The forms to my thinking would probably be the culpurit in this situation? (Thanks again for every ones responses)

Depending on the press, it appears that pressures might be the issue. This looks like an older
press (by looking at the delivery chase) and a two color press.

I might be off base with your problem, but in my experience, too much pressure (either plate to blanket, OR form to plate) will create a bounce. This allows the plate to run dry in places.

If you are running poly plates, perhaps you switched to .008 mil and did not reset your
pressures. Remember, always use the lightest mil material and use a PlateStrip to avoid
pinhole, or plate clamp slippage. PlateStrips!!, Peel, Press, Punch & Run!

I would first try plate to blanket pressures on the head that's giving you trouble. Then, if necessary,
call a tech.

Regards,

Buy some roller relief or some other calcium fighter. We get this usually when we run a lot of uncoated stock like cougar on our SM52. If you are running process free plates like Kodak or fuji thermals and you are removing the finish on your press this will cause similar results and the roller relief should work.

does it get better or worse at higher speeds? are the marks on the image area on the paper? can you see the marks on the blanket where the paper is or is it only on the edge of the paper and the edge of the blanket? have you tried changing the ocilation timing and length. to move the marks into the plate gap.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back