Round creasing lines

beeline

We haven been asked to manufacture a "pillow box" (see image w/ dieline attached) and were wondering how to handle the round creasing lines (to be creased/diecut on a Heidelberg Tiegel). Any input on this topic much appreciated!

Bildschirm­foto 2023-08-18 um 15.16.37.png

You need to have a die made. They laser cut grooves in plywood and bend cutting and creasing rules to fit the shape.

By the way. I never heard of a Tiegel press. We call them Windmills in the US.
Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 3.09.54 PM.png

Hi Bret, thank you for your reply and the picture.

Making a die would be the first step (clear to me, we have done this before). In your example, the creasing lines are all straight. The question was about the curved creasing lines – the creasing matrix is usually rigid, thus it's not possible to follow the curved line.

I was thinking to possibly use a tool with male/female moulds, similar to blind embossing.

Regarding Tiegel: tiegel heidelberg - Google Search - we're probably talking about the same thing.

Ah, yes, the female part of the die would be a counter. Where you probably use matrix for straight creasing channels.

Take a look at how accucut does theirs, the pillowboxes are a fairly standard ask and they have at least one off the shelf die for them.

Here is the video for that die:

I just use masking tape (a few layers) where matrix won't work. Just need to keep an eye on it and replace the masking tape from time to time.

Ask your diemaker to make a counter die for the scores. Or cut them in using red fiberboard. If it's short run, you could try the masking tape method above....

To handle the round creasing lines on the "pillow box" dieline for the Heidelberg Tiegel, ensure the die-cutting tool has a rounded creasing rule. Set the creasing rule at a consistent pressure to achieve clean and precise round creases. Adjust the machine settings for optimal results. Testing on a sample before full production is advisable for fine-tuning.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back