Rounded corner spines perfect binding

sornchai

Sawasdee Krab. I'm from Thailand. My customer required round corner only spines. It tear off after use round corner manual machine. The book' thickness 1.5 cm. How process is it?

43 people read your post and you have zero answers. That means you have to re-phrase the question, elaborate a bit, or post some photos about your problem.

Sorry sir. My jobs' pictures

Attachments

• IMG_25630803_155938.jpg
    IMG_25630803_155938.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 269
  • IMG_25630803_155951.jpg
    IMG_25630803_155951.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 249
You need to use a much sharper knife for the rounding - like a razor. Apart that, try to use better quality paper for the cover. What you try to achieve is very rare requirement, so I think you're mostly on "uncharted waters". Good luck!

I agree with @Puch , but also consider talking to your customer... I would think this will weaken the spine as well, making it more prone to coming apart. If they just want the rounded corner look, tell them you suggest to round the outer, non-spine edges.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back