Saving files

Print_god

Hi There,
When I open a document and make changes and then want to save the changes, when I click File Save As I would like to have the current location of the file to open up so I can save the document without having to go through all the clicks to get to the folder where the document is currently located. working on many files at same time I wanted to no if you can have it set up to default to file location, instead of having to find the folder to save it in. like when I print a postcript it goes to the last job I saved a postscript in. I am on a mac osx 10.6.8

Have a look at DefaultFolderX. From any Open or Save dialog in any program, it allows you to click on any open Finder window to designate it as the location. It's awesome and well worth the $35 or whatever it costs these days.

Default Folder X

Hi There,
When I open a document and make changes and then want to save the changes, when I click File Save As I would like to have the current location of the file to open up so I can save the document without having to go through all the clicks to get to the folder where the document is currently located. working on many files at same time I wanted to no if you can have it set up to default to file location, instead of having to find the folder to save it in. like when I print a postcript it goes to the last job I saved a postscript in. I am on a mac osx 10.6.8

just pull the folder you're working in to the sidebar of the finder for quick access when saving or placing things.
when you're done, cmd+left mouse click and drag the folder from the sidebar of the finder.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back