Scaling Page content

Jarwi6

I am trying to find information on if there is a way in pitstop 7.5 to scale the page content without having to set the transition based on the trim or media box. I just want to take everything on the page regardless of what the page boxes are and reduce it 98.53 percent. My problem is that I am trying to create an action list that will scale everything on the page so if I get a file that has the trim box set at 8.5 x 11 or the trim is set at 12 x 20 when I run my action list the copy will reduce centered and I dont have to worry about copy shifting. I just want everything to center. I want it to be automated. Any ideas?

One possibility is to:

1. Get the pdf page size (File>Properties)
2. Create a new document with that size page in a pdf capable layout application
3. Place the pdf at the desired size, centered
4. Generate a new pdf from the host application

Will that work for you?

Al

Thanks Al but this will not work for me. We are trying to not have to open the pdfs at all but use an Action List in our ApogeeX imposition software. We want to be able to dump the pdfs into the program and have it automatically reduce the content to fit on a smaller imposition page size.

I am trying to find information on if there is a way in pitstop 7.5 to scale the page content without having to set the transition based on the trim or media box. I just want to take everything on the page regardless of what the page boxes are and reduce it 98.53 percent. My problem is that I am trying to create an action list that will scale everything on the page so if I get a file that has the trim box set at 8.5 x 11 or the trim is set at 12 x 20 when I run my action list the copy will reduce centered and I dont have to worry about copy shifting. I just want everything to center. I want it to be automated. Any ideas?

I don't have a 7.5 installed right now, but normally you have 2 actions to choose from:
- Scale page content
- Scale page content to fit

The first one allows you to scale by percentage and center the result on the media, which should be the middle of you page.
The second one allows you to scale towards a page box.

bert

Similar t what Bert said: in Preps you can have run list pages scale to fit and center on template pages. This can be automated with a script.

Al

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back