Scoop vector files?

ryboob

does anyone know how to scoop vector objects in illustrator without having to do each object or colour swatch seperately? I have found a plugin for Illustrator 8 called tint adjust but it does not work in CS2.

I would ideally like to use a specific curve...?

Re: Scoop vector files?

scoop referes dot gain compensation using curves to suit different printers. our images are scooped or bumped in photoshop using specific curves for each printer, but the vector files are done manually by adjusting the tints.

Ryan... Go check PhantasmCS illustrator plug-in at:

www.phantasmcs.com

It offer curves effect that you can apply to any object. Just put all your content inside a top layers and add a curves effect at the layer layers to affect all contents below.

Let me know if this is what you need to do.

PS: It offer a lot more than that... Go check it out.

Why not develop custom profiles for the different printers and print with color management instead?

Al

That's what I would like to do. I have made custom curves (.acv files) in photoshop but don't know how to load them into illustrator... We send our files out so we need to compensate here as we are not making plates.

thanks, that's great but was hoping to find a free solution, will definately consider it though.

In CS3 you can:

select all the objects you want to work with
go to Edit / Edit Colors / Adjust Color Balance

There you can manipulate all non-global colors. Sorry, don't know if this was available in CS2.

Whole lot easier to use ICC Profiles and color manage your PDF files. With certain plug-ins you can set it up to be a batch function (or a separate batch function for each of your file recipients).

rich

thanks rich, unfortunately we don't have cs3 yet. i'm going to try to setup up icc profiles using my esko backstage software...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back