Scratching

orka81

Glad to see this forum added.

Our Ilumina has been putting horizontal scratches in darker areas (dark greens and epscifically blacks) on all kinds of stock. These scratches (for lack of a better word) appear throughout the printed piece and are more noticeable on the fronts after the back side has been printed; that is, the front side is printed, flipped (for the MPTray) and then the back is printed. The scratches then appear more on the side that has already been printed, although they do also appear on the back side.

Xante tech support had me stop the print when the leading edge of the sheet came out ad there were no scratches beyond the fuser, so that rules out the fuser.

Xante tech support also had me swap drums (cyan for black) and I did that and the problem lessened. Now they want me to clean the rollers. I will do that, but don't think the rollers are part of the problem, since the scratches are wide spread enough that the rollers can't possibly be creating all the scratching.

I've replaced all the drums and toners (problem existed vefore new drums and toners). the only thing I haven't changes is the transport belt, whose life is at 53%.

Tech support has been good at helping me via e-mail, but this problem is frustrating, especially since we had to bump two jobs to plates on account of the scratching.

thanks in advance,

orka81

I'm wondering where the Xante folk are in responding to the issue related in the above post on this forum?

Getting Support From Xante

Getting Support From Xante

Dear Okra 81,
I'm confident the best path to a solution is to get you on the phone with a Xante Technician. We try our best to be proactive in solving our customer's challenges and concerns. Will you please give us a call or email us a phone number by email and we will call you?
Our tech support line is (800) 926-8839.
Our contact details are here: Xante: Contact

Thank you and we are looking forward to solving this one for you!

Cheers,
Scott Reese
SVP Global Sales & Support
Xante

I agree with Scott,

We had a similar issue a few weeks back and tech support was able to resolve it; and it will require replacing one if not two of the drums.

Turns out the problem was the transfelt belt, which i wouldn't have expected, since it still had 55% remaining on its life cycle.

I'm told by tech support that the readings of the consumables life are not accurate, unless all you print are 24# bond, 8.5x11 at 5% coverage. If you print rough cards stocks the consumable life readings will not be accurate.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back