Screen CTP Equivilents

Chopper1

Does anyone on the forum know how to compare re-badged Screen plate setters (Agfa and Fuji) versus the actual Screen offerings? We are in the process of acquiring a replacement for our old reliable Trendsetter and want to compare offerings apple to apple!
Appreciate any help I can get.

Hi Chopper1,

If you tell me what model Screen you are looking at, I maybe able to help you. As you are looking at CtP, you may want to take a look at the Suprasetter 105, it is very modular, has very robust automation, has internal punching for Komori, has Temperature Compensation (only Heidelberg and Kodak Quantum's offer this), speed upgrades, very high quality laser system and more. The laser is only on when imaging so you have a low use of electricity. Depending on you printing needs, we have a great Chemfree plate solution. Here is a link for the CtP.

Heidelberg - Suprasetter A105/105

Regards,

Mark

I thought they were the same - the only difference would be the front end (RIP) you would use with it.

I've had an Agfa Avalon (which is a Screen) for the past year and have been very happy with it.

The CtP skins are different but I believe DCurry is right, the true difference would be the rip...I would imagine the plates would be different too:)

Regards,

Mark

Screen CTP Equivilents

Hi,
Thanks for the response's. That's the basis of my question, I realize they are the same hardware and I realize that there are different front ends. We use Esko/Artworks Nexus and produce 1 bit tiffs. We are considering all options, Mark.
I will use the Agfa models as example. Avalon N8-22S, Avalon N8-52E, S or XT.
I have pricing, but Agfa and Fuji proposals include consumables. I would like to know actual pricing as if buying directly from Screen. We will consider any solutions but in the end I need up-grade ability and the lowest cost service agreement.
We currently have both 6 and 8 color 40" presses and are considering a 40" UV press in the near future. I'd prefer to go green with plates but understand that the press chemistry is harsh, so there are not many options. We also plan on introducing hybrid screening.

Thanks!

If you are considering Thermal Plate setter consider Plate Rite(Screen) or Avalon N Series( Agfa/Screen). Those machines are user- friendly, maintenance free to an accepted level, service friendly, and compatible with all kinds of plates included Chinese plates with good Parts availability. You wouldn't be needing to rely on local representatives' service and support. You do not need to write any service or consumable contracts with them as there are many Service Tech available out there to help you with Screen Plate setter Series.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back