Screen Laser diode

H

HW01637

Hello,

I have been asking by my customer that if we set the laser power value to maximum
like 100%, will decrease the laser diode lifetime? I think no, right?

Anyone know about this and have any document to support ?

Thanks,
SamFan

diodes are kind of like light bulbs, I have some that are 6 years old and imaging 1500 plates a month, others have been replaced, last a year die, screen says average life of 1.7 years, but I think they go longer then that even at 100%, people with high energy plates like the latex plates run at 100% and slow drum speed and I don't know that they have more or less life from diodes...

From my experience I know that every laser diode lives its own life. I have one laser with 70mA reserve more than an year. Two other diodes died during this time, but this one is alive. So nobody can say when the bulb is going to burn out. If you use 100%, please clean the optics regularly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back