Sequential Numbering Script in Acrobat PDF

slehning

I have created a PDF with active form fields for typing info.
I am looking for a way to have it auto sequentially number as well.

Such as starting with 000001 and every time you open the file or do a save it would advance the number to 000002, etc.

Has anyone done something like this using a script or a tool I might be over looking in Acrobat?

I know there are apps such as Fusion, but we do not have the app. or can justify getting it for this.

Thanks in Advance.

Check out the forums at planetpdf.com if you don't get any feedback here. They're a bit more centric to what you're looking for.

Greg

If you have InDesign, you can place PDF in that and do sequential numbering using the Data Merge feature.
You just need to create a tab delimited text file of all your numbers from excel first.

If you create the PDF file using livecycle create a numeric field. Use the pre-save event with the language FormCalc and use this code:

$ = this + 1;

This says, right before the document is saved add 1 to the numeric field.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back