Sherpa 44

I have an old ApogeeX server for my workflow and I have an Epson 9600 Sherpa 44 that I would like to add to my workflow. The server only has profiles for 6-color proofers and the Sherpa is a 7-color proofer so only 6-colors actually print when I run a calibration. Any ideas on how to add a 7-color profile into the mix?

In Apogee X (actually it's depends from version) Epson 9600 7-color has the name Agfa Sherpa 44 M, So you need Sherpa 44 M TP (task processor)

It's just another TP, for proofer you have so called license "Hard Copy Proof", so you need to install Sherpa 44 M TP (if i remember right it's has 6-color and 7-color install variants) and use it for printing on your 7-color Epson 9600. You will be able to use two TP Sherpa 44 and Sherpa 44 M simultaneously and have to stop one of them because you probably have just one license "Hard Copy Proof". So if you have this "Hard Copy Proof", you'll be able to use your Epson 9600 in Apogee X. What version of Apogee X do you have? You can see what licenses you have under the text menu from button Monitor in Apogee X Console or to make Report from Apogee X Client.

I'm running ApogeeX 2.2.1 patch 4. I don't see a license for "Hard Copy Proof". I have generic proofer task processors. One for postscript, tiff, and pdf.

If your workflow has the ability to output a TIFF file you could output an 8-bit TIFF (Composite TIFF) to a third party RIP that would then drive the Epson. Epson 9600 RIPs are probably going to be less than adding the plugin into your existing workflow.

Hi Guyz,

the PDF and TIFF proofer options can be used without a licence to trainings. That can be a reason also to have these TPs.

If you can send your *.alf to me I can determine weather you have Hardcopy proof or not.

D.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back