shingling in Apogee

torfi

With brisque workflow, I did this in the job/signature list/layout details/shingling(creep)
and it then automaticly worked out the amount of creep from outside pages to pages inside the sheet. Now with apogee, I dont do preps job, just add the templette whitin apogee.
How do I get this atomation from apogee?
What I have done is manually adjust page shingling inside the templette, is that the way to do it?

Thanks,
Torfi

Last edited:
Hi Torfi,

As you are adding a Preps template into your job, I assume you are using either the Impose or Raster Impose task processor as part of the job flow?

If so, click the icon of said task processor and below where you actually choose your template, you will see a section for Shingling. This is where you will put in the creep/shingle amount. Don't do shingling within the template itself as I don't know if Apogee supports that.

Does this help?
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Hi Torfi,

As you are adding a Preps template into your job, I assume you are using either the Impose or Raster Impose task processor as part of the job flow?

If so, click the icon of said task processor and below where you actually choose your template, you will see a section for Shingling. This is where you will put in the creep/shingle amount. Don't do shingling within the template itself as I don't know if Apogee supports that.

Does this help?
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Hi,
Im using raster impose /preps/ perfect bound.
below that is "page adjustment" all set to zero.
In sheet adjustment I set , as a test, 30mm inner shingling,
I cant see/measure any shingling in the result.

If the Results tab is not showing any movement of the page content based on shingling, either you need to restart job processing from Impose or there is an issue somewhere that might warrant a call to Agfa.

We are currently using PrintDrive (separate product form Apogee) which shows us any and all page movement because of shingling.

Sorry I can't be of any more help,
Jon

What version of appogee are you using?
Hope this clarifies. In the preps template you just layout the imposition.
In the workflow in Apogee, when you select the template yoy can move inner pages towards spine and outer pages away from spine as in this screendump.
Picture 185.jpg
If you use a JDF I don't know how to do it. It is visible as the box for expected pages move, also you will see the cropmarks move. We allways do an imposition plotter and there you can measure the difference.

Why it is done like this is so that you will be able to re-use the templates for different paper types. ;)

How do I get a better view on the screen dump?? well PM me if you want it larger :)
(wierd, when editing I can't save, just "vote now" "x" "x" "Cancel", I'll take a chance on the vote)

Last edited:
Hi,
Im using raster impose /preps/ perfect bound.
below that is "page adjustment" all set to zero.
In sheet adjustment I set , as a test, 30mm inner shingling,
I cant see/measure any shingling in the result.

How big is your layout? 4-up? 8-up? More?

If you're set to perfect bound, the shingling is going to be limited to that sheet and the amount depending on your layout size could be very minimal.

I see, the shingling works if imposition is in front of the "Render", Task Processors.
thanks Lukas. ;)

Torfi

I'm confused...

Torfi, you said you had Raster Impose right? Raster Impose cannot go in front of the Renderer. It can only go after the Renderer. Do you have just regular Impose?

Thanks,
Jon :)

I'm confused...

Torfi, you said you had Raster Impose right? Raster Impose cannot go in front of the Renderer. It can only go after the Renderer. Do you have just regular Impose?

Thanks,
Jon :)

To get the shingling, I used regular impose, before the "The Render Task Processor"
The way I normaly work is, raster impose after that task, and that way I did not get any shingling.

thanks,
Torfi

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back