Silk-Screen Printing

monq

Hi all,

I have just received a brief to create proposals and artwork for some sort of cream containers created using PP/PE. I have been recommended that the best way of printing on this is Silk-Screen Printing.

I was just wandering how colours are normally applied in the actual .ai artwork so that it's "Silk-Screen Printing" friendly? I mean - can I simply use your usual Pantone Solid Coated colours and send?

Or do I need to use different colour libraries / CMYK etc?

Thx :)

Pantone should be OK, as long everybody knows what color you mean. May bee talk to the printer to, to see if he is OK with it.
But packaging in Silk_Screen, seems kinda odd.

Hello there, I currently work at plastic manufacture and we silk screen onto cartridges for silicone sealant etc. Pantone colours are fine, tints are possible but try and pick another Pantone shade as flat colour is best. It is possible to possible to print CMYK, but we try and avoid it, however that may depend on your printers output perameters.

Hi CHM, hi David. Thanks very much for your feedback!

Actually, there are more options for the print process, but someone suggested that Silk Screen was probably the one that would guarantee the best output. In reality, I could do any of the following (according to the specs of the manufacturer): "Colour matching, Labelling, Hot Stamping, Lacquering, Metallisation, Off set Printing, Silk-Screen Printing, Sleeving, Pad Printing”.

Now, I really do not want to label the container because it's expensive in itself and I can achieve a more "premium" look by printing in the actual container than by adding a label. I still do not have the final contact for the printer house that will do this / so it might be that I am limited to less options than this...

CHM: you say that silk screen is odd. Would you recommend any of the other options in the previous list?

Regards, and again thanks: if we go for Silk, I will make sure that we do not use tints but solid pantones...

Cheers :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back