Software To Interface With 528

Bill W

I was using ToolCrib on a MacBook Pro running Tiger to interface with my 528 spectro/densitometer. I had the data dump into an Excel file that calcuated chroma, hue and dE to ISO 12647-2. My Pro has broken and I have a new one on order. I was going to set up the same system, two partitions, one with Tiger and one with Snow Leopard. To my surprise, I discovered that I cannot run Tiger on the new Pro with the i5 processor.

First thought, run Tiger in Parallels - can't do that either. So, I need suggestions on what software to purchase so I can interface my 528 on my new Pro. Appears that xrite Color iQC Basic (or one of it's favors) might do the trick if I run a flavor of Windows in Parallels. Interesting though, I could not find a price on xrite site, or others, for Color iQC.

Suggestions please - thanks

-Bill-

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back