Software used with an X-Rite iO device to analyze color

jbarrie

Does anybody know of free software that works with an X-Rite iO device, which can analyze color from either a provided swatch (like cloth) or a printed sheet and will convert it's finding to either RGB or CMYK values?

Thanks,
Jeff

I find it also hard to believe that Esko would have something that is free ;)

Anyway to my recollection Color Picker from Xrite will do this for single measurements against a provided CMYK profile. I haven't tested with CMYK, but I guess it works also. The problem is that Profilemaker (that includes Color Picker) does not work in the current version of OSX.
You must have also i1 if you have iO table so you can use that to measure single measurements.

John,
This was a great post! ColorPicker does indeed allow me to scan an object and give me LAB results (easy enough to convert to CMYK). Thanks for the suggestion.

Jeff

Sorry... I missed the "free" part!! Indeed nothing from Esko will be free. I do think color port and i1Publish from xRite will do this and they both have a free mode. Cant say for sure, but may be worth checking them out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back