spectrophotometer

ar17

hi all, can you recommend an affordable but accurate spectro unit that can measure simple lab and density value. plan to purchase immediately about 3 to 4 units. thanks

benstarr

Xrite i1 Pro 3, or i1 Pro 2 are probably your best bets depending on what you needs are. The i1 Pro 3 Plus would be better if you need a larger aperture.

The i1 solutions all require connection to a computer to get the readings. If you're looking for something that has an integrated display you'd be looking at an Xrite eXact, Techkon Spectrodens or KonicaMinolta FD5. All of these are considerably more expensive than an i1.

My company happens to have 5, i1 Pro 2 demo units for sale at the moment if you're looking for a deal. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:

realaqu

I have 2 techkon spectrodens, one premium one advance, maybe we can work out sth, I m from Boston Area

Johu

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ar17 was asking for Lab and density values and my understanding is that the densities measured by i1 are not reliable as it lacks polarizing filter. At least not from a wet sheet.

Automatically Autonomous Automation

Automatically Autonomous Automation
Although the autonomous car is not quite ready, a lights out print operation is something you can do right now if you have a comprehensive Print MIS (Management Information System). The advantages can put money on your bottom line. So what’s your next step? Link to Article