Spot color character needs to change

lnivin

We have many pages with one spot orange character that needs to change to bold. There is other type that is same size and font, but black, so need to search for it by font size and color then change to bold. I'm having a hard time finding a way to do this with PitStop.

Attached is one page of the file. The problem character is the orange vertical bar between email and mobile number. It is Gotham Book and needs to be Gotham Medium. The black type around it is Gotham Book and needs to stay that way.

Thank you for taking a look.

Attachments

• one page.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 222
Will take a look and see what we can do.

Do you have the Gotham fonts installed locally or are you reliant on using the fonts in the PDF?

Last edited:
OK here's an Action List that does the conversion, but there's a twist
https://esko.box.com/s/gjnfv96wrkndifhijn7e

The Gotham Medium font is subset, which means the PDF only has the characters embedded in it that are needed, not the full character set.
This caused some problems when I tried to use the document embedded version.

But it turns out this font is a freely available web font ( or so it seems) so I was able to download and install Gotham Medium to my local system which then meant I had access to the full character set.
Download Gotham Medium Font - Download free fonts from µfonts

So if you install this font to your local system, restart your Acrobat, add the Action List to PitStop and then run it, it will do the change.

If there are problems, double click the Action List and go to the last part 'Change font to Gotham Medium' and then go to 'select font name', go to 'system' and find the Gotham Medium on your system and then 'ok' it.

If not mail me at '[email protected]' and we'll get it done.

In the sample PDF you posted, there's a weird baseline shift in the first two characters of the next-to-last line.

This file appears to be a dummy or template, but I'd hate for that to show up in your finals!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back