Standards for hole drilling

TYGAPrint

I am looking for some info on hole drilling standards and specifically what is the standard for measuring drilling in a production environment.
Example question; When 3-hole drilling a 8.5" x11" sheet, should hole position be measured from left sheet edge to center of the hole, or to the left edge of the hole?

When 3-hole drilling you just center the middle hole and then measure out 4 1/4 inches to the other holes. It doesn't matter what part of the hole you measure from.....just as long as you measure to the same point of the other hole.

(in other words...from the left edge to the left edge or from the right edge to the right edge....etc...)

Standard hole drill is 5/16 inch. Distance from the spine will dictate on where the image is

That is interesting. In my neck of the woods 1/4" is standard for drilling. Standard positioning is 4 1/4" on center and the hole is 3/8" on center from the spine of the book. This is where the designer needs to be aware of drilling in a project before it goes to press. I have seen drilling go big time wrong in a Bindery.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back