Sun Chemical Ink dispenser program

Rlax

Anybody hear about this sun chemical free GFI ink dispenser if you buy their ink. Is this program the real deal?

I haven't heard of this program from SunChemical, but what I do know of their dispensers and software is this, their dispensers are second class to anything being offered by GSE Dispensing out of Charlotte NC. What ink system are you printing with? Water Base flexo, Solvent Base flexo or conventional inks or UV inks. Having dealt with Sun in the past as a supplier, they will undercut any and all competitors to get your business and after a year will come at you with price increases that will make your head spin. Hunt around and talk to other ink companies to see if they are willing to cut a deal that includes the possibility of them supplying or splitting the cost of a dispenser. Also, train two people per shift to operate the dispenser. This will cause you less headaches when it comes to holidays, sick days and overtime.

The dispenser i'm referring to is for conventional sheetfed. I saw it on suns website under prroducts/dispenseser program. I dont really know anything about GFI, but does GSE make a unit for sheetfed?

Yes, GSE makes dispensers for paste inks. There is an other company that makes paste ink dispensers out of Chicago called BEK Systems Inc. They manufacture cooling and dampening systems as well. I've seen one of their dispensers in operation and it worked quite well. How large of a ink batch are you looking to make? A dispenser is useless if you making small batches ( 2 KG to 10 Kg ) it's only good for making batches of ink 20 Kg to 50 Kg or more in weight. It will never pay for it's self doing small batches.

Last edited:
I am doing 2-5 pounders, but that was what I thought was interesting is that Sun is saying that all I need to do is use their ink and the equipment is mine at no cost and no contract

And if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that I'm selling. Cheap. :) Seriously, There's always a catch with Sun. I've been dealing with them on and off for 30 plus years and I only deal with them when I absolutely have no other choice. They give zero service if you run into problems with their product. When i was running a press, we had a saying, If you want to waste an 8 hour shift use Sun inks. If you want to run for an 8 hour shift use
( insert your favorite ink company here ) instead. As someone who worked on the press room floor for 20 years and now is Production Manager of a midsized printing company in Canada, my advice to you is this. Explore all options, get everything in writing, ask lots of questions, and get your lawyer to go over all the fine print. And if the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Ouch! Inkedup, I guess we can assume your not a big fan of Sun Chemical, sorry to disagree but my dealings with Sun over the 30+ years of offset printing have been very good, they have always been ready with prompt technical support for both their Conventional and Radiation curable inks. I can honestly say I have had good experiences with Sun.
my 0.02c worth

Are you serious

Are you serious

Rlax,

Are you serious??? Your profile says you are the VP of technology for GFI but your quote below says you don't know anything about them????? Just be honest and tell all you are fishing for information.

"I dont really know anything about GFI, but does GSE make a unit for sheetfed? "

I plead the 5th....

Kidding. To be honest I was indeed trying to get free publicity for a program I'm very proud of, but obviously am not very good at social networking. Our goal with of the partnership was to make it easy for printers to benefit from our technology that has helped so many others (ask them!). And it really is as I previously described. The only hurdle we have to overcome is customer skepticism (see: 'bridge in Brooklyn').

I would love to explain to anyone that will listen. The office # here is 847.263.9000. We're moving equipment faster than we ever have before, and for good reason. Check out the video: Dispenser Program | SunChemical.com

Apologies for the miserable attempt at deception, but I couldn't be more excited about what we can offer and was just trying to get the word out!

The dispenser i'm referring to is for conventional sheetfed. I saw it on suns website under prroducts/dispenseser program. I dont really know anything about GFI, but does GSE make a unit for sheetfed?

I plead the 5th....

Kidding. To be honest I was indeed trying to get free publicity for a program I'm very proud of, but obviously am not very good at social networking. Our goal with of the partnership was to make it easy for printers to benefit from our technology that has helped so many others (ask them!). And it really is as I previously described. The only hurdle we have to overcome is customer skepticism (see: 'bridge in Brooklyn').

I would love to explain to anyone that will listen. The office # here is 847.263.9000. We're moving equipment faster than we ever have before, and for good reason. Check out the video: Dispenser Program | SunChemical.com

Apologies for the miserable attempt at deception, but I couldn't be more excited about what we can offer and was just trying to get the word out!

Wow. Just Wow. Rlax I have a great word for you to look up and study. It is called Honor.

Last edited:
Amen - Not a fan of Sun

Amen - Not a fan of Sun

And if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that I'm selling. Cheap. :) Seriously, There's always a catch with Sun. I've been dealing with them on and off for 30 plus years and I only deal with them when I absolutely have no other choice. They give zero service if you run into problems with their product. When i was running a press, we had a saying, If you want to waste an 8 hour shift use Sun inks. If you want to run for an 8 hour shift use
( insert your favorite ink company here ) instead. As someone who worked on the press room floor for 20 years and now is Production Manager of a midsized printing company in Canada, my advice to you is this. Explore all options, get everything in writing, ask lots of questions, and get your lawyer to go over all the fine print. And if the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I found the same results with Sun. When we had press side problems , they are first blame the blanket , fountain solutions and anything else. I decided to "put them in a box" by buying the Ryocline fountain solution (Sun sister Co. Ithink) and .037 blankets from Sun.

Without any better results - but took all the excuses off the table. They seem to body upm the inks with talc - my personal exp.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back