TGLC's PerfX Color Recipe

jardo

Has anyone used this product? Any thoughts, opinions, and suggestions on it. I am looking to get the best CMYK recipe to match a spot color, lab value, or Pantone color, assuming I have a good working color profile set. Thumbs up or thumbs down?

I use it on an every day basis on profiles for flexo presses and it works fine. I use the whole PerfX line, I am not sure the Color Recipe can be bought as a stand alone. Check it out.

Hi jardo,

check these 2 threads:
- jitterbug's Pantone Matching for Idiots - here some tools and approaches get mentioned to get CMYK from Pantones
- kaiserwilhelm's Automated GCR then goes into device-link reseparation, which would likely optimize a non-optimal CMYK recipe version for your spot tint. So if you use e.g. a UCR-style CMYK recipe for a spot on an otherwise GCR heavy page, it might not balance right. Which is likely what you mean with "best CMYK recipe".

You might read a few other things there as well, which could help you in your quest

Juergen

Hey Jurgen

Hey Jurgen

Thanks for the response. I hope you rememeber my screen name and can pare it up with a face. How is life?

Thanks, I will check out these links.

Last edited:
sure - jardoman ;-)

Will be at PIA/GATF color management conference in Phoenix - if you're there you can refresh your own memory of my face (otherwise you know how to contact me)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back