TH2 for Magnus 400Q

Shurup

We are thinking now on signing service contract on our Magnus, but lack of info won't let us make right decision.Is there any information on estimated life of TH2 in "work hours"? How much is the new one? What is the standard warranty on this head?
Any info will be helpful.

We are thinking now on signing service contract on our Magnus, but lack of info won't let us make right decision.Is there any information on estimated life of TH2 in "work hours"? How much is the new one? What is the standard warranty on this head?
Any info will be helpful.

Hi,
Life of a TH2 is like how long is a piece of string? TH2 heads are very good and reliable, but like any other electronic kit it can go wrond anytime. What is nice about them is that many checks and parameter changes can be done remotely.
Warranty depends on how you purchased the Magnus. Price of a TH2 is rather on the high side. Do not be put off by all this, as the MagnusQ is a very good CTP>

Hi,
Life of a TH2 is like how long is a piece of string? TH2 heads are very good and reliable, but like any other electronic kit it can go wrond anytime. What is nice about them is that many checks and parameter changes can be done remotely.
Warranty depends on how you purchased the Magnus. Price of a TH2 is rather on the high side. Do not be put off by all this, as the MagnusQ is a very good CTP>

We do know that there is a factor of "luck" in TH2 life length, but it is not a "today" product and there should be some kind of statistics. The problem is our supplier is the only supplier in our region and it seems that the price for the contract could be compared with buying a new TH2 in a three years. And now we just want to see if the contract costs its price or it is better to save the money and to buy a new TH (or even a CTP) if disaster happens with our TH. My question about warranty meant buying a new TH2 directly from Kodak. What kind of warranty will we have than on TH2 (not on the whole CTP certainly )

We do know that there is a factor of "luck" in TH2 life length, but it is not a "today" product and there should be some kind of statistics. The problem is our supplier is the only supplier in our region and it seems that the price for the contract could be compared with buying a new TH2 in a three years. And now we just want to see if the contract costs its price or it is better to save the money and to buy a new TH (or even a CTP) if disaster happens with our TH. My question about warranty meant buying a new TH2 directly from Kodak. What kind of warranty will we have than on TH2 (not on the whole CTP certainly )

Shurup,

I am afraid you will have to ask all these questions from your Kodak supplier.about statistics I am not sure you will get an answer.

Shurup,

I am afraid you will have to ask all these questions from your Kodak supplier.about statistics I am not sure you will get an answer.

PACH,
we tried to make some kind of dialogue with our Kodak supplier. The bad thing is we have the one and only Kodak supplier in or region and they know we can't get any support from someone else, so their service contract for TH2 only (not the whole CTP!) obliges us to use only TD plates (not Fuji Pro-T) and the cost for this contract seems a "little bit" bumped up.It is not a real problem for us to use only TD plates, but last several years we had lack of them during "top season" and we had to use Pro-T.
My boss is disappointed now with this proposal and want to know is it normal kind service contract for TH2.
I hope someone from Kodak could clear the situation, in PM maybe...

PACH,
we tried to make some kind of dialogue with our Kodak supplier. The bad thing is we have the one and only Kodak supplier in or region and they know we can't get any support from someone else, so their service contract for TH2 only (not the whole CTP!) obliges us to use only TD plates (not Fuji Pro-T) and the cost for this contract seems a "little bit" bumped up.It is not a real problem for us to use only TD plates, but last several years we had lack of them during "top season" and we had to use Pro-T.
My boss is disappointed now with this proposal and want to know is it normal kind service contract for TH2.
I hope someone from Kodak could clear the situation, in PM maybe...

Hi Shurup,
Please send me a private message with your name, company name and where you are and will try and find somebody to get in touch with you.

Regards.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back