The Service Call

gordo

566 The Service Call.jpg

Ulrich

Well, you were really lucky, it would have been really worse if the message F!#%# would have been to read in the display!

Last edited:

Repro_Pro

"...I notice your platesetter is quite old and will soon become an End Of Life model.
When that happens, we shall not be able to fix it for you.
I suggest you ask for a quotation for one of our really GREAT current models..."

chriscozi

This is the standard manufacturers business model since ~2005.
The computer/tech companies started it and everyone who's anyone joined in.
I notice no one talks about the 'throw away society' anymore either.
And we only occasionally complain about the lack of our ability to repair all these high priced goodies without going to the manufacturer.
Sigh.
"...I notice your platesetter is quite old and will soon become an End Of Life model.
I suggest you ask for a quotation for one of our really GREAT current models..."

Possumgal

At only $149,999. Trouble is, the old one cost $74,999 new. Oh, but we throw in free support for a whole big 90 days!

De-Inking

Avanti
Sustainable Printing Goes Far Beyond Using FSC Certified or Recycled Paper
This informative paper on deinking: demand, principles, problems and solutions also explains why printing technologies are not all equally compatible with paper recycling systems; and why just a small fraction of printed material in the paper can cause difficulties.
Link To White Paper