The Service Call

gordo

566 The Service Call.jpg

Well, you were really lucky, it would have been really worse if the message F!#%# would have been to read in the display!

Last edited:
"...I notice your platesetter is quite old and will soon become an End Of Life model.
When that happens, we shall not be able to fix it for you.
I suggest you ask for a quotation for one of our really GREAT current models..."

This is the standard manufacturers business model since ~2005.
The computer/tech companies started it and everyone who's anyone joined in.
I notice no one talks about the 'throw away society' anymore either.
And we only occasionally complain about the lack of our ability to repair all these high priced goodies without going to the manufacturer.
Sigh.
"...I notice your platesetter is quite old and will soon become an End Of Life model.
I suggest you ask for a quotation for one of our really GREAT current models..."

At only $149,999. Trouble is, the old one cost $74,999 new. Oh, but we throw in free support for a whole big 90 days!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back