Thin Lines Appeared on plates

Tamer

Hi Guys ..

Thin Lines Appeared on plates ,
Machine Suprasetter A75 GENIII Year 2013 was working just fine suddenly thin lines appeared on plates , After Restoring NVRAM data of the laser module and didn't work technician says it needs a new laser module !

Has anyone experienced the same problem ?
And is it normal that a laser module with only 640 hours (25000 plates ) would brake like this?

Thanks,

Hi Guys ..

Thin Lines Appeared on plates ,
Machine Suprasetter A75 GENIII Year 2013 was working just fine suddenly thin lines appeared on plates , After Restoring NVRAM data of the laser module and didn't work technician says it needs a new laser module !

Has anyone experienced the same problem ?
And is it normal that a laser module with only 640 hours (25000 plates ) would brake like this?

Thanks,

What direction do the lines run in?
Are they across the whole plate? Left to right and/or front/lead to rear/tail?
Are they evenly spaced? If so what is the distance between them?
Etc. etc.

Hello
If you explain sporadicly lines on the plate. The problem comes from the interface board in the PC,mostly. Please remove the board, clean and install it again.Regarding the laser problem, you do reset and install new parameters of the laser.

To answer your question, yes, this has happened to me.
Lasers tend to breakdown sooner than later, if they're bad to begin with, which I would guess is the case.
(note: I have a Kodak Magnus 800)

Gordo´s question is quite valid as thin lines could also be scratches, do you have a microscope to check for mechanical damage?

Hi Gordo ,
Answering your question about the lines please find an image attached of the plate .

Attachments

• IMG-20170613-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20170613-WA0001.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 272
A SHARP close-up photo of these lines, with a ruler (or any known object that will show the size/scale) will reveal a lot more about the problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back