Thoughts on Printware CTP units

We had one several years ago and was happy with it. Believe it was the PlateStream 46. The pressman did not like the polyester plates, so we ended up transitioning to a metal CTP. I believe they now make a metal CTP solution also.

I do recall training and support from them was very good.

PlateStream is still alive on the market. I know a couple of companies in Canada who replaced AGFA Accusets by PlateStream this year.

We have switched over to platestream about 6 months ago. We print ALOT of letterhead and business cards and short run. I must say...it is a sweet system. Our pressman grumbled a bit when we first got it, but now doesn't mind it at all. Over all quality is awesome in my opinion....and since we went from film to this....personally I love it. NO MORE BURNING PLATES!!!!!

We had a pretty tricky job last month that was about a 1000 run of 150 different pieces. It would have taken me days to output and burn all of that. I did it all in one day!!!

SWEET!

We have quite a few spread over in multiple locations of various ages. They work a lot nicer then older Agfa Avantras being that you can image, process, punch, and cut inline with one unit.

At the time we went with the Screen PTR 4100.. They offered a lower end model (half the diodes, half the speed) that was within our budget

Platestream - thumbs up!

Platestream - thumbs up!

We purchased a refurbished Platestream 46 from Printware 2 years ago, and have nothing but positive marks for it. Great machine, great software, and great tech support. What more do you want? :)

Bill G.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back