Toner / colordrum issue xerox versant

We’ve had to replace our black drum three times in two days. I spoke with our tech and they know it’s still and issue. I can’t imagine how frustrated ppl who have to pay out of pocket for drums must be. At least we are on a contract so all these drums are coming out of Xerox’s pocket.

Ireland here. Just got a delivery off Xerox of x4 drums. For the 1st time there not official Xerox drums, plain box packaging and no xerox labels on them.
Even has date stamp on outside of box of 21/7/06

Now I haven't been experiencing any toner/drum issues here so I assume it's just the problems elsewhere have drained their official supplies.

We’ve had to replace our black drum three times in two days. I spoke with our tech and they know it’s still and issue. I can’t imagine how frustrated ppl who have to pay out of pocket for drums must be. At least we are on a contract so all these drums are coming out of Xerox’s pocket.
Still hurts.

I am glad we turned in the 3100. I was having that kind of trouble last year already and we really getting of dealing with it. Looked at the Ricoh and KM machine but the Iridesse was much better. So glad I went with Iridesse but even now it's toner, drums, etc are backordered.

We have a V180, 3 years old. It is not just the toner, it is all the parts. we used to go 6 months without seeing a tech, now I have to call every week. They came in Thursday and replaced some parts, and 2 days later, I had big stripes on a full coverage gloss cover. So now I get to call again this Monday (average 15 minutes, errr). Does anyone have any recommendations? Looking at the KM C4070

Last edited:
Km won't be starting toner production until November after it's plant exploded back in August. Trying to source supplies elsewhere.

We have Versant 180. Just talked to our service techs about some parts issues and they mentioned the toner problem. They explained to look at your toner date codes on the sides of the boxes. Techs say do not use any 2021 toner made before march 1st 2021, would be a julian code of 60 (see Julian Calendar PDF). North America code should be W2 (any letter number combo tied to fill location/line) 1(year manufactured-21) 060 or greater. Example they gave W21035C 04:53, the 1035 means it was made on February 4th, 2021. When we checked our toners all of our cyan and magenta toners were bad.
this could just be our techs opinion on dates but .... Your code is based on location and type of machine for different machines and non North America based people. Your tech can give you more complete info.
Hope that helps.
Hey Brett - Based on what you have said above I was digging through my 180 toner. I have date codes the read W2 9051 and W5 172. Either Xerox completely changed something or we got some Back To The Future stuff going on.

Hey Brett - Based on what you have said above I was digging through my 180 toner. I have date codes the read W2 9051 and W5 172. Either Xerox completely changed something or we got some Back To The Future stuff going on.
You want to look up the code and the corresponding date. We were told the same thing 1035 and higher is pretty safe. Should be first quarter of 2021 that is the bad toner batch.
IE. I have a bunch of 1117 which is 1 = 2021 and 117 is julian code for april 27.

mks-mre-04-1024x518.jpg

I’m dealing with the same problem in Rochester New York. Tech tells me it’s an ongoing quality issue that Xerox house with all versant drums. They don’t have a solution yet. Don’t anticipate identifying source of problem until end of year. This leaves all of us in a bad position as far as production. I have been dealing with this problem all year. Move into a newer versant class machine will not solve the problem because it’s still the same drums. I am trying to get them to take my machine back so I can replace it with something that works. Would not buy another Xerox. They have not told me the truth of the source of the problems until recently. They have practically rebuilt my whole machine because service was not aware of the source of the problem and it’s entirety either. Anyone Interested in a class action lawsuit?

We also are dealing with this problem and now we have question about drum cartridge origin. Where are your drum cartridges made? Because, at this moment, we are receiving drum cartridges from factory in Ukraine, but we are willing to test drums from different factory , but Xerox is not giving us any information about factories and in which markets are sold drum cartridges that are made in different factories.

I dont have a contract on my machine so I feel every early drum failure hard in the pocket. On average I am losing a drum every few days at about 80%. Currently I am just rotating the failed drum into the yellow slot and running them as long as I can. I have actually spoke to xerox today to get the costs involved in putting v80 onto contract and they have quote £2750 for a FTR and 0.033p per colour click. I have spent way more than that on service in the last year!. I am just weighing up the numbers to see if its worth it to me.

I dont have a contract on my machine so I feel every early drum failure hard in the pocket. On average I am losing a drum every few days at about 80%. Currently I am just rotating the failed drum into the yellow slot and running them as long as I can. I have actually spoke to xerox today to get the costs involved in putting v80 onto contract and they have quote £2750 for a FTR and 0.033p per colour click. I have spent way more than that on service in the last year!. I am just weighing up the numbers to see if its worth it to me.
Keep a strict record of each drum and how much you got out of them before first failure, don't throw any of them out. I'd say Xerox will have to refund the likes of you as they are selling known defective parts. Make official written contact with the Xerox sales rep and say you will be looking for reimbursement of all the drums that have prematurely failed. I'd say they'll offer you something but it will be laughable but you can negotiate, be prepared to lawyer up.

March 2022 and still the same problem.

I've been waiting for drums for 8 days, all machines are standing and you only get cheeky answers from support. Unbelievable that such a large global company is so incapable of solving a problem and cannot even ensure the supply of replacement material.

Since a large part of the drums are manufactured in the Ukraine, they will certainly have a new excuse at Xerox to put off the problem.

I'm really angry and I don't enjoy my work anymore because every day consists only of checking and sorting out sheets of paper.
Shame on you Xerox!

March 2022 and still the same problem.

I've been waiting for drums for 8 days, all machines are standing and you only get cheeky answers from support. Unbelievable that such a large global company is so incapable of solving a problem and cannot even ensure the supply of replacement material.

Since a large part of the drums are manufactured in the Ukraine, they will certainly have a new excuse at Xerox to put off the problem.

I'm really angry and I don't enjoy my work anymore because every day consists only of checking and sorting out sheets of paper.
Shame on you Xerox!
Same here, still having problems with drums. Getting defects sometimes with 97% life left. What’s really hard to understand is that the Versant line is not new, it’s got be something like 7 or 8 years old. So what are they doing that is so different with the toner and or drums?

I’ve only had one drum that came from Ukraine the rest are from Mexico. But you’re right, another excuse to not admit to a real problem at Xerox.

The best solution is to not run your Versant, then you won’t have any problems. Oh wait you still need to pay your lease and get your printing done somehow.
Yes, shame on Xerox!

Shame on you Xerox!
This. The amount of time we have to spend getting useable prints is insane, time consuming and frankly exhausting. It's not fun to sort through every job and hope you didn't miss any. We finally got a canon installed and while it isn't perfect I spend way less time fighting with it than the Xerox's

yes, we are now also looking for a replacement machine from Canon or Ricoh, because there seems to be no end to the problems anytime soon! But it is simply cheek towards the customer to offer such poor communication and supply of replacement material. It's just disappointing as I expected more from Xerox.

Seems to be a typical *Boeing case*: self-inflicted problem leads to brand losing sympathy and customer trust.

Thought this would interest you all. This could be progress on the problematic toners......

Attachments

• UK Versant Toner Changes - Shipping Ordering and Return Process (1).pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 307

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back