Toner / colordrum issue xerox versant

just to contribute:

I received black and waste containers. Website says CMY and Drums are on backorder. I have an email out to my sales rep.

Thought this would interest you all. This could be progress on the problematic toners......

After you posted this information, I called our chief engineer in charge and asked what he knew about this new toner. As always, the answer was: I'm hearing this for the first time! Maybe that's only in England, I don't know. I then asked him to let me know if he heard anything new about it.

Yesterday I received an email that this new toner will be installed as one of the first machines in my country next week. Apparently, ionic compounds in the water treatment of the toner are to blame for the drums breaking regularly.

I'm really curious if this will help...

ionic compounds in the water treatment of the toner are to blame for the drums breaking regularly.
I'm not very knowledgeable and am just guessing, but...

it sounds like the ionic compounds are electrically charged and that's causing the iron in the toner to clump? Those larger iron clumps are damaging the drums?

Until this is resolved for each of us individually, is there a way to clean the drums to reduce the wear and tear to prolong them?

I wouldn't normally investigate this issue and would just replace drums regularly (as annoying as that is) and send them back, but I'm down to two drums in inventory on my two machines and my supply order is backordered. My local rep is trying to source some, but I'm a few weeks away from my machines being offline.

So, any suggestions on prolonging? (besides the little blue pill?)

I wouldn't normally investigate this issue and would just replace drums regularly (as annoying as that is) and send them back, but I'm down to two drums in inventory on my two machines and my supply order is backordered. My local rep is trying to source some, but I'm a few weeks away from my machines being offline.

So, any suggestions on prolonging? (besides the little blue pill?)
I’m just guessing but I think Xerox knows that the toner was a problem and that they now believe it’s been fixed. That would mean you need to keep running your Versant until all those not so tiny nano particles of toner are used and placed on paper. And along the way we’ll all be wasting drums until it’s all cleaned out. Unless your service tech is willing to take the chance and clean all the toner out along with replacing the developer and developer housing we don’t seem to have any alternatives.

If you have a pill I can use to fix this please let me know.

Has anyone had any luck getting in toner? I'm running desperately low on yellow and black. I am not getting any answers from Xerox. Seems like this thread has been quiet for a week so I wasn't sure if maybe supplies have been being shipped to others. If you have been getting in supplies is there a trick to get them moving? My oldest orders that are still backordered are pushing 2 months now.

Has anyone had any luck getting in toner? I'm running desperately low on yellow and black. I am not getting any answers from Xerox. Seems like this thread has been quiet for a week so I wasn't sure if maybe supplies have been being shipped to others. If you have been getting in supplies is there a trick to get them moving? My oldest orders that are still backordered are pushing 2 months now.

My local rep was a big help.

Our local rep has also been a big help getting backorders released. We're still having trouble getting black in though. We have a couple yellows on the shelf but that backorder isn't shipping either. Down to about 25% left in our one black toner left in the machine.

Shocking that this is still going on around the world after all this time. They must have a very seperated supply chain. Ireland here and I ordered x3 sets of drums and toners on thurs pm and all delivered Fri am.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back