Track clicks by substrate on KM1050

Mark H

I have 5 KM1050 print engines that are on a fixed click charge with a national service company. We are currently only running letter and legal sized substrates through these machines, but I would like to do 11x17 2-up and cut them down to save money. The service company is telling me that if I do this they need to increase my fixed click rate to account for the additional coverage, which wipes out my savings unless I designate a couple units for ledger sized work.

So, is there a way for the print engine to differentiate the substrate and report it back?

Thanks,

Mark H

Yeah the printer is going to keep track of how many prints on what size paper. Does your contract say you pay a single click for any size or do you get two clicks for 11x17. I pretty much always see single click for 11x17 on the production stuff and the customer run everything 2 up like you are describing.

Check your counter run an 11x17 and see if it goes up by one or two.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back