Tranparency Issues

CanarcticPress

I am trying to use the imposition program (Command Work Station 4) that the fiery uses. When I receive a document it prints out fine (Xerox 700). When I imposition the card to how ever the job was planned and print the job it does not flatten correctly. I know that it was 1.7 (Adobe 8) and no matter how it was sent, the Impose program switched it back to 1.4. So I sent the PDF to a folder and transferred the job into my station at a 1.7 but once again when I go to print the job I have impositioned I still get transparency issues and it switched it back to a 1.4. Anybody have any tips, hopefully its as easy as a software update. But I'm pretty new to the imposition program. So Id be more then grateful to receive some tips on what my restrictions are and anything else that would be helpful. Thanks.

The easiest way is to change that PDF to 1.4 before you impose it.
There's lots of ways to do this...
Is your original a PDF? Have you tried using PDF optimizer?
Also since you have a Fiery have you tried to use a HotFolder filter, like PDF to PS?

you talk about 1.7 and 1.4 pdf, both full transparant formats. and it seems in your poste you want to flatten, I you need to flatten you need at least 1.3 not 1.4.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back