Transparency Flatterner Preset

Hemant

So Plz tell me, what i have to do for that what i want in Indesign & i have a one more problem example i create a Rectangle & fill the color then i use GRADIENT FATHER TOOL after that i export the file in pdf format & after that i import that file in COREL DRAW, so in my Rectangle object which i use GRADIENT FATHER TRANSPARENCY is not there that's Effect is Destroy

Plz Help

Hemant

Check the file before you bring it into Corel Draw. What version of PDF are you making before Corel? It's possible the file is flattened before Corel.

Greg

Corel Draw will do a gradient fill, even fairly complex ones. I don't know about transparency with the gradient, but it has some transparency capability, as it will do drop shadows.

OR

If you don't need to have spot colors, or there is only one spot color in the gradient, use black instead, then export the box as a high quality/appropriate resolution jpeg, import that into Corel, and color as needed. Even easier if cmyk.

Try exporting as PDF version 1.3, this should flatten the transparency. If it doesn't work as you need it to, try saving the PDF as an EPS, or save as a Postsrcipt file and use Acrobat Distiller to distill it to PDF version 1.3

Lots of people use the gradient feather tool, when what they really need is the gradient tool, they just can't figure out what to do to get the tints and colors they want. In InDesign, it is very clunky, have to create tint swatches, guessing at what you need before even building the gradient...Have to arrange the pallets "just so" to be able to see swatches and/or color and gradient all at the same time...very irritating.

It could also be overprinting issues. I don't know how corel handles this but we do have one or two who are experienced in corel… maybe this needs not be in Adobe fourum? (I hope corel users still dare visit it )

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back