Updated PPDs for Herk & Prosetter Imagesetters

MetroKari

Just upgraded my Mac to 10.6.8 from 10.4. Now I'm unable to print from InDesign to either my Herkules or Prosetter ques. Does anyone know where I can find updated ppds for these two machines? Or maybe another way of sending files - hoping to not have to go back to OS 10.4

Of course Heidelberg is no help - their "Download" center is basically promotional material.

Any help would be appreciated!

When Macintosh 10.6 and 10.7 were released, Mac dropped support Appletalk. You may have to setup new printers/inputs at the RIP computer before even adding the PPD to your new Mac (depending on the type of RIP/inputs you are currently using). Sometimes the RIP needs to be updated in order to accomodate printing from newer operating systems. If you already have the printer added to your 10.6 Mac, but are only missing the PPD - we have a universal PPD that is available for download for free. There are instructions as well a link to download the Universal RTI PPD on our support page: RTI Harlequin RIP Technical Support - RTI Harlequin RIP Software Support PPD Download Tutorials

If you need assistance setting this up we may be able to assist you depending on the type of RIP you are using but it would require opening up a support call.

I hope this information helps.

You are absolutely right! It's been a while since we set those ques up and I totally forgot about that end of it. I did download your PPD but it unstuffed as a Unix Executable file, so it doesn't appear that will work.

Thanks for your help though!

It definitely works and while it will not show up as a normal text file, it will load and work properly. This is the same PPD that is running at all of our customer sites using a Harlequin RIP. It is a universal PPD which works on both Macintosh and Windows systems. It also includes an INF file for loading into a Windows based operating system.

Just upgraded my Mac to 10.6.8 from 10.4. Now I'm unable to print from InDesign to either my Herkules or Prosetter ques. Does anyone know where I can find updated ppds for these two machines? Or maybe another way of sending files - hoping to not have to go back to OS 10.4

Of course Heidelberg is no help - their "Download" center is basically promotional material.

Any help would be appreciated!

When we upgraded to new Macs with 10.6.8 we turned on Print Sharing on our G4, running 10.4, so it acts like a print server. Our new Macs with 10.6.8 can see the printers on the G4, so we can print to our RIPs without any problems at all. Very simple and easy solution.

-Sev

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back