Upfront Vs Preps 6

margadri

Just a quick question before we get an answer from Kodak (been three days since we lodged the call, no answer yet)
Kodak stopped upgrading and servicing Upfront forcing us to use Preps 6 in planning.
Now the question is this: in Upfront we were able to print an imposition layout with all page size, trims, grip, cuts etc, all nice and clean so everybody could check the imposition through production (see attachment).
Now in Preps 6 I can only get a >Print Job layout Report, that doesn't show cuts, grip or size and direction.
Does any of you almighty gurus found a solution to this problem?
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
I suggest you consider doing what a good many UpFront users do - switch from UpFront/Preps to Metrix! I'm doubtful that your Job Planners will find Preps a very appropriate tool, whereas Metrix is a dedicated planning tool, and far more capable than UpFront was.

I say this as someone who trained many people to use UpFront during my years with ScenicSoft / Creo / Kodak and can attest to the serious value it brought. That said, UpFront had some serious flaws and shortcomings, so when we created Metrix, we focused on building a powerful but dead-easy to use tool that doesn't force the operator to have to work so hard, and doesn't have the rigid limitations you find in UpFront.

We have users constantly tell us how glad they are that they've left the UpFront/Preps combo behind and moved up to Metrix. If you visit our website, on the front page you can download stories of customers who formerly had UpFront/Preps and the incredible step forward Metrix was for them. As a possibly helpful point of reference, any day now we will be crossing the line of 1000 Metrix licenses sold. We 'get' job planning ;-)

If you have questions, our website has good information and demonstration movies, and I'm always available to answer questions.

Davo Laninga
Metrix Project Manager
LithoTechnics - Metrix, planning and imposition software for commercial, combo and gang run printing

Attachments

• Metrix2.jpg
    Metrix2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 208
  • Metrix1.jpg
    Metrix1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 212
Thank you Misterdavo
I personally would get away from Kodak ASAP, but I don't make decisions.
When Creo was the company who managed the softwares it was soooooooo much better.
No wonder why now Kodak is going bankrupt.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back