Upgrade time - need input

DigiFlott

We currently have a KM LD6500. We are in our 3rd year with it and will be replacing it next February. Now is the time to gather information. I am looking at upgrading to a larger machine, KM 7000/8000, Canon 7010, Xerox 7000/8000 or 800. I want user experience. How reliable are the machines, Is the tech close, is service prompt. Color consistency (ours needs reset after any internal maintenance and month to month is all over), Color text registration, heavy stock usage. any input from real users is greatly appreciated.

We currently have a KM LD6500. We are in our 3rd year with it and will be replacing it next February. Now is the time to gather information. I am looking at upgrading to a larger machine, KM 7000/8000, Canon 7010, Xerox 7000/8000 or 800. I want user experience. How reliable are the machines, Is the tech close, is service prompt. Color consistency (ours needs reset after any internal maintenance and month to month is all over), Color text registration, heavy stock usage. any input from real users is greatly appreciated.

In addition to the machines listed, consider the Ricoh Pro C901, especially if you have a local agency that will service them. We have three C900/C901 machines in our facility, and when needed we get prompt competent service from IKON. In general, though, they are not high-maintenance machines -- even our oldest one, which has over 3,000,000 copies on its counters, just keeps on running.

Color consistency & quality is excellent; it's just not something we think about beyond running a quick daily calibration.

For heavy stock usage, we routinely duplex 270 to over 300 GSM stock with good registration results. Even 350 GSM is not unrealistic.

Steve

Last edited:
Hi Steve
Where are you located? how long have you had the C901. I am currently looking at the 901 as compared to the KM8000. We run heavy coverage, mostly cover weights 12x18 and 13x19. looking to avg 100k impressions per month
Thanks for any opinions

Appreciate the info on the C901. I'm in the same boat with kdonegan. Our bread and butter is #80 gloss text and #100 Gloss cover, always full color with lots of spot color matches. I would like to hear form more users out there. The two links were helpful but it was a few opinions. I need more. I may be going to Chicago and would like more to go on.

We had a Canon C7010VP installed at the end of June. We have had nothing but trouble from the start and it is still unresolved.

We've spent 6 months looking at solutions for the same problem.

Looked at Ricoh 901 v Canon 7010 v Xerox 8002/8080 v KM C8000.

Plumped for the KM in the end, it had the edge on the Ricoh and Xerox and was far cheaper than the Canon.

All of the above are 'good enough' machines and local factors and your type of workload will play a factor in your choice.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back