Used DC2060 or DC5252

Sandeep5

Hi !
We run around 9K-10K prints per month on 2 DC12 machines. Have come across a used DC2060 in quite a good condition witha 3rd party FSMA contract. Xerox here is also offering a used DC5252 under their FSMA contract. Both machines available at almost the same price. Which one should I go for ?? Newer models of Xerox not yet affordable !

I've just installed a 2060 this week and I'm delighted with most aspects of it, mind you I am coming from a Bizhub C352P and a C451.
I like the the colour and it's not as oily as I feared, more like a bit of spot UV on the images, though I do recognise that some will prefer a more matte finish. I've had good success laminating the output on a wet (glue) laminator.
I'm not impressed with the back to front registration when duplexing, it's up to 4mm off, skewed and it even seems that one end of the image is a bit smaller than the other. As it's consistent I'm able to compensate for this before sending to print but if there is a better solution out there I would be glad to hear that.
I also had the choice between a 2060 and a 5252 but my choice was based on the price as the 5252 was a lot more expensive. I'm just curious, Ubertech, why you recommend the 2060 over the newer 5252?

I am a little skeptical of the color calibration issues with the 2060. I hear the 5252 is more of a workhorse than the 2060. Is it so ? Any particular reasons for the choice of 2060 Ubertech?

Last edited:
The FSMA on the DC2060 and DC5252 are very high compared to the FSMA on the newer models. They will keep going up every year.

Of course, the price of the equipment is less, but depending on your monthly volume, you could justify easily the price difference based on the click rates.

The Xerox 700 can do anything that a DC2060 or DC5252 can do at a much lower click rate.

have you done the math?

yes i have thought about that ! The new 700 is almost 2.5 times the cost of a used 2060 or 5252 and xerox has offered same click rates on both (with of course a higher slab on 2060 / 5252). I feel the slab of 20-25k prints per month is achievable once we install these engines. I am just confused on which model(2060 / 5252) to go for. Both machines have equivalent print qualities but the price offered on the 2060 is slightly less. Click rates same. Which is a better engine ??:confused:

I think (I'm not sure) that the DC5252 is exactly the same engine as the DC2060; just a different name.

Seems so ! But since the 5252 is a newer model, I think I'm going to stick with that (fingers crossed) and hope for the best !

We have replaced lots of each. 2060 customers seem less annoyed with there machine than 5252 owners. Not particulary technical.

Ok ! Ubertech... now that puts me in a fix but I'll definitely give the 2060 another serious consideration. Thanx !

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back