Using the IDEAlliance ISO 12647-7_Control Strip

[email protected]

When using the IDEAlliance ISO 12647-7_Control Strip 2009 for color proofing, should it or should it not have an icc profile or device link profile applied to it at the rip? That is, should it get calibrated or come through unchanged?
-Dan

When using the IDEAlliance ISO 12647-7_Control Strip 2009 for color proofing, should it or should it not have an icc profile or device link profile applied to it at the rip? That is, should it get calibrated or come through unchanged?

If you're using the control strip to sample how the proof compares to a proofing specification such as GRACoL Coated1 or SWOP Coated3 (for example), then it needs to be color-managed.

However, if you're using the wedge simply for quality assurance of the printing system, then it generally should NOT be color-managed since you're interested in the behavior (consistency) of the printer and not the color-managed proof itself.

The more TYPICAL use of the IDEAlliance media wedge is the former (how close the tolerance is to a printing specification) but the latter is equally viable for internal quality control.

Regards,
Terry

Hello everyone,

i want to use Idea Alliance ISO 12647-7 digital control strip for digital proofing system , but i don't have software to measure it,

can anybody suggest me the compatible software , currently i m using color toolbox 3.5 from printect with Eye one pro , and

presssign 4 printbuyer version .

plz suggest any other software , and where from i get .......

Hello everyone,

i want to use Idea Alliance ISO 12647-7 digital control strip for digital proofing system , but i don't have software to measure it,

can anybody suggest me the compatible software , currently i m using color toolbox 3.5 from printect with Eye one pro , and

presssign 4 printbuyer version .

plz suggest any other software , and where from i get .......

Do you simply wish to measure it? Or measure it and validate it against the ISO standard target values for this colour bar?

With your i1 and ColorPort software, you will be able to take measurements.

If you are after some sort of proof validation/certification software - this is usually a licensed option of an inkjet proofing RIP (Kodak, GMG, EFI etc). Have you talked to Heidelberg?

There are third party validation tools that can do this - for example UGRA have one:

http://www.ugra.ch/uppct.phtml

Hope this helps,

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
Thanks a lot sir ,

i have just install the software UPPCT , that will help me lot ,
let me use it first , for my proof validation purpose, currently i m validating digital proof with presssign software with their control
strip , but i want to check with 12647-7 digital control strip ,

thanks sir.

keep on posting your valuable reply .....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back