UV function on CP Tronic

madjock

Hello fellow pressguys,
Does anyone out there know what the UV function on the Heidelberg cp tronic actually does, it is there alongside the waterless function, what does it change if anything, I am curious because the press seems to run better with UV inks in conventional mode with the varios de-selected??

If I remember correctly the function opens up a set of ink curves for UV inks.They can be used as factory settings or edited in order to customize ink pre-settings for different ink characteristics if you load job from from pre-press data. When the data is sent from pre-press directly or via Flashcard, the data has a curve applied that alters the data from pre-press. If you selected the Waterless function then a different set of curves will be applied. You can check each one out to see what the differences are. Hope this is of some help.

Hello fellow pressguys,
Does anyone out there know what the UV function on the Heidelberg cp tronic actually does, it is there alongside the waterless function, what does it change if anything, I am curious because the press seems to run better with UV inks in conventional mode with the varios de-selected??

Selecting this function also changes the charateristic curves applied to the dampening and ink ball motors, Giving your press press slightly different performance. These curves are general in nature and may or may not help depending on which ink and fountain solution you are using.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back