UV inks for synthetic substrates

REYES1377

The company I work for has started taking an interest in printing on various plastick substrates. Dose anyone out there have any opinons on a solid ink company that offers a set of process for this? The current ink vendor we use gave us a set that tends to give us trouble transfering down the roller train. Any recomendations are appreciated.

Can you tell me for what kind of press you need it ?
Sunchemical has many different UV inks for plastic substrates,. for diferent applications and press types,.. offset, flexo, letterpress,... ink jet.

Flint ink makes a good UV ink for plastics. It is the 9000 series. Just a thought, which ever ink you go with, make sure your etch and sub is compatible. We have done tests with other UV inks and they either, did not print well or cure well.
Cheers,
RK

We run Toyo UV inks. I think their plastic set works very good.
I don't know what type of press your running,but if you have chilled rollers in the ink train,try upping the temp. for better flow.;) Go too warm and you'll have toning problems though.

We run Toyo UV inks. I think their plastic set works very good.
I don't know what type of press your running,but if you have chilled rollers in the ink train,try upping the temp. for better flow.;) Go too warm and you'll have toning problems though.

Drake, i run Toyo too, i think these are very good inks. We have had a problem with our backers curing for the past several months. For several months before we had 2 presses and both cured with one dryer curing but now we have to run them all the way thru the presses with several dryers on to have the correct cure.. Any input on this issue ? We have a Metronic OC200 press.

A few customers of mine have been using Bradin Sutfin plastic series recently. Seems to print really well with good transfer, adhesion, nice solids and doesn't seem to take on water as much as some of the others I have experienced. In my earlier years I used Sun Chemical and had great success on all different substrates.

I agree with rchamness, I have done a lot of work with UV offset and my conclusion is that T&K Toka inks from Japan are by far the best. They are very good at developing new products to work on different or difficult substrates.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back