Vaccum issue agfa galileo ctp vs, please help!!

gugar100

Hi there

i would like to know if someone knows how to solve this issue:

my agfa galileo vs, shows me the error #1020, and says : "insuffient vaccum, after peel, open covers, remove plate from plate manager", "YOU MUST REBOOT TO CONTINUE"

I've checked all the tubes and i alredy check the vaccum pump, and everything seems to be ok, the pressure level indicates 100 psi, do you know whats going on?

we have a screw compressor and dryer.

i appreciate any help

well thanks a lot for everything

best regards

bye

It's been a while since I used a Galileo unit, but I recall having a similar problem. There are two metal probes attached to the plate pick-up suction cups. When the suction cups go down on the plate to pick it up, the metal probes contact the plate, and that's how the machine knows the plate is being picked up. If one of the metal probes is broken or makes poor contact with the plate, the machine might think the plate was dropped because of poor vacuum, when actually there is plenty of vacuum.

Hi

Thank you for your help and time , i cleaned and reviewed the two metal probes that you told me , and we tried again,but with the same result.

we opened one side of the platemanager ( with the service key put in on), and we sent another test, we saw that the picker device goes from the engine to the platemanager and took the plate but when the picker device try to return to the engine , the picker device loose suction and the plate goes down and put me on the screen the error 1020.

do you have another idea?

Thank you

You mentioned you have 100 psi air pressure, is that according to the gauge on the back of the CTP unit or your air compressor gauge? If the gauge on the back of the Galileo drops below about 60 psi while it's picking up the plate, then there might be a blockage somewhere. Other than that, I have no further suggestions, sorry.

Hi there

i would like to know if someone knows how to solve this issue:

my agfa galileo vs, shows me the error #1020, and says : "insuffient vaccum, after peel, open covers, remove plate from plate manager", "YOU MUST REBOOT TO CONTINUE"

I've checked all the tubes and i alredy check the vaccum pump, and everything seems to be ok, the pressure level indicates 100 psi, do you know whats going on?

we have a screw compressor and dryer.

i appreciate any help

well thanks a lot for everything.

best regards

bye

Let's do a test: In Galileo diagnostic menu, Set the Picker Parameter 124=0. Has it been resolved after doing so?

Let me know to give you further instructions.

Last edited:
hola, buenas tardes alguien puede ayudarme mi galileo prende con este error 1012 fatal error reboot

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back