Variable print on Tyvek

Stressed

I have a job that requires variable data printed on 80# Tyvek.

I cannot find ANYONE in the UK who can do this. It needs to be done on a HP Indigo machine as other digital presses use too much heat and will melt the material.

Apologies - I did find someone but having read their estimate, they must have though I wanted to buy a helicopter along with the printed job.

Can anyone suggest a company?

Thanks

If it's just Variable Data (Not Variable Image), and, you're only talking Black & White you can simply use a high-speed ink jet addresser such as Kirk-Rudy, Secap, etc. We have been ink-jetting address block, indicia, variable tag line, and even logos (all black & white) on Tyvek envelopes for years with no problems. These machines run at an avg of 10-20 thousand pieces per hour. You'll need to use a quick-dry ink cartridge, such as Collins Ink to prevent smearing of the ink.

Does it have to be tyvek as xerox do never tear material that can be printed quite easily on xerox machines.

A

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back