Versant 180/ Fiery...how to get jobs in the "printed" queue.

P

PrintingInLincs

Whenever I print anything on the V180, it fails to go into the printed tab on fiery. This means if I need to reprint something it's hard to find & time-consuming.

I have tried the usual fixes that you find on google.

I'm on the latest version of Fiery.

First world problem but still... :)

Has anyone had this issue & how was it resolved?

Thanks

Have you made it to the below -

In the Rip at the top Select Server - Configure - Job Management - Printed Queue -
Tick "Save Printed Jobs" and jobs saved to what number you'd like to keep.

Yes, tried that but it didn't change anything. Still nothing in the "printed" section.

Just a thought - are you sure you absolutely sure you're printing via the Fiery as opposed to printing direct to the printer?
If you do the latter, it will not show on your Fiery job history.

Does it go into a hold queue first when you hit print from your computer?

Try importing a job into the fiery hold queue and print it from there and see if it goes into printed queue.

I've dragged & dropped into the processing box & after printing it's not in the "printed" & also tried via the import method... with the same result. Both methods result in it showing in the held queue.

After printing, It adds to the printed total (of 1) for a brief second & then vanishes.

Ok, try this.

On your rip go to your control panel and printers. You should see the Hold printer listed. Right click and select "printing preferences"

In the new window you should see the tab for "Job Info". Scroll down and under "Job Notes" there is "Print Queue Action", this should be sent to "print", check if yours is set to "Print and delete".

I also have a printer named "Print", this is set same.

Is this what you're experiencing?

We not long upgraded to the 280 and as it's the new Fiery, it does the same. Quite annoying as I normally like to get rid of jobs in the held queue after I print them but liked having them in the printed queue in case there was a problem finishing and needed a few more copies.

Is this what you're experiencing?

We not long upgraded to the 280 and as it's the new Fiery, it does the same. Quite annoying as I normally like to get rid of jobs in the held queue after I print them but liked having them in the printed queue in case there was a problem finishing and needed a few more copies.
I've run into this issue as well and it's very unhelpful to our normal workflow as we also keep our "held" queue clear so that it only contains "to-do" jobs and we use the printed queue to go back and print more copies if needed.

I have no idea why Fiery decided this would "streamline" things.

The new setup makes both "process and hold" and "print and hold" completely useless features for us now.

@RichardsonPrinters and tngcas

Can you explain what the new process yous are experiencing is? Not the best description in that link.
On the old version of fiery - If you had a job and you selected "process and hold" or "print and hold" then job would follow this workflow:
  1. Job goes to processing queue
  2. Job goes to printing queue (skip if using process and hold)
  3. One copy of the job goes into held queue (processed version)
  4. Duplicate Copy of the job goes into printed queue
  5. Future prints from held queue
    1. Job remains in held queue
    2. A copy of the job goes directly to printing queue, when finished printed, goes into printed queue
      • Pros: You could send multiple copies from held to printing
      • Cons: Multiple copies of the job end up in the printed queue
On the new version of fiery this workflow happens:
  1. Job goes into processing queue
  3. Job goes into held queue
  4. Future prints from held queue
    1. Job leaves held queue and goes into printed queue
    2. When finished printing job leaves printing queue and goes back to held queue
      • Pros: You don't end up with multiple copies of the job in printed queue
      • Cons: You never end up with a final copy in the printed queue...like you literally cannot get a copy into the printed queue, like at all, you have to delete the job from the held queue - this is the sticking point for us "neat freak ppl who want our held queue clear"
      • Cons: You cannot send multiple versions to the print queue without duplicating and reprocessing the job.

@t
On the old version of fiery - If you had a job and you selected "process and hold" or "print and hold" then job would follow this workflow:
  1. Job goes to processing queue
  3. One copy of the job goes into held queue (processed version)
  4. Duplicate Copy of the job goes into printed queue
  5. Future prints from held queue
    1. Job remains in held queue
    2. A copy of the job goes directly to printing queue, when finished printed, goes into printed queue
      • Pros: You could send multiple copies from held to printing
      • Cons: Multiple copies of the job end up in the printed queue
On the new version of fiery this workflow happens:
  1. Job goes into processing queue
  3. Job goes into held queue
  4. Future prints from held queue
    1. Job leaves held queue and goes into printed queue
    2. When finished printing job leaves printing queue and goes back to held queue
      • Pros: You don't end up with multiple copies of the job in printed queue
      • Cons: You never end up with a final copy in the printed queue...like you literally cannot get a copy into the printed queue, like at all, you have to delete the job from the held queue - this is the sticking point for us "neat freak ppl who want our held queue clear"
      • Cons: You cannot send multiple versions to the print queue without duplicating and reprocessing the job.
Yes, this describes the issue perfectly. It just irks me that I can't just find things in order in the printed queue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back